SearchHomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Drift servers cleanup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Val3ntin

PostSubject: Drift servers cleanup   Mon 2 Feb - 13:55

Hi there. I really enjoy your drift servers. Only problem is all the demo crashers who d**k around and destroy the fun for everyone else.
I'm active at least 1 hour each day now on the servers and starting to get really tired of those idiots. So I'm wondering if there is a possibility to apply for a admin job for your drift servers so I can help in holding the servers clean. Been admin on many games before so I know how to not abuse the power and only want to kick/ban those who ruin the fun for others.

sincerely
Val3ntin
Back to top Go down
RFX

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Mon 2 Feb - 23:09

Heya Val! I'm terribly sorry to hear that some are ruining the experience for you and appreciate the support! You can report the crashers / vote ban abusers on the Report Abuse forum at the link below. Be sure to press "2" while in the game to save replay then you can add to the report so the admins can have a look and can take action from there.

- http://masterracecar.forumactif.com/f8-crash-hack-reports

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Wed 4 Feb - 17:16

Well I feel that is going to take up way to much time. Since they are demo users mostly they just make new accounts and stuff. Need active admins on those servers to get any result I think.
Back to top Go down
Simon
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Sat 7 Feb - 3:36

Hi Mate,
As RFX said make reports and if higher admin think the reports are good they may give you admin rights. But don't say you cant be asked then complain.
Back to top Go down
RFX

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Sat 7 Feb - 4:05

Yes, what Simon said lol ^ Very Happy

When it comes to moderation / administration aspect be it on LFS or any other website, it's always a privilege which is earned by the person which shows they can manage tasks and responsibilities involved. It requires a lot of time and experience to know how to handle various things and situations in addition to helping people in need of it which really is the thing done most of the time.

The first thing to remember though is this:

"Site moderation is 95% helping users but only 5% removing abusers. Kicking/banning is more of a last option when all others such as asking a user to chill out didn't help to resolve the issue."

Hopefully that helps! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Wed 18 Feb - 16:12

I get that. cant have anybody running around with admin right. Was just thinking I could provide a service for you. I can actually not be asked to report all that s**t that is going on in these servers. Last 3 days I have seen the server go from full to empty at least 15 times due to crashers. And there is at least 1 week since last time I spoted a admin on the server. Just saying. Reporting people on these servers will have close to zero effect. 30min ago there was a crashers here and he was laughing when I said I recorded him and was going to report him unless he stopped. The reply I got was: "Haha. Been 3 weeks since last time I was banned". And that kinds says it all. 
At least have a way to contact admins fast so they can help out. I'm used to a service like that with VT, Mumble, Teamspeak or something for fast help. And if you like I can even provide you with a free Mumble server, hosted on my home server. (more reliable than renting).
Back to top Go down
RFX

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Wed 18 Feb - 22:16

The reporting section of the forum is just one part of the system but it's not the only part which admins use to handle issues such as crashers and abusers. They can see a lot more things in detail and have procedures for how things are done such as reviewing all incident reports as well as the replays to see exactly what happened so this way they can take an appropriate course of action.

You may not see what actions are taken to handle abuse situations but I can assure you that stuff does happen. It's done this way also to avoid causing disputes or public disruptions which happen all the time on other servers.

note: I made a help diagram as there is actually already a way you can contact admins in the game. Hopefully it helps!

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   Thu 19 Feb - 15:08

I did not know this Smile TY mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drift servers cleanup   

Back to top Go down

Drift servers cleanup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1