MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Irrationally Banned

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CX883

Irrationally Banned Empty
PostSubject: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty2015-12-17, 7:52 pm

I was driving a race on the MRc Formula BMW server.  This was my first race of the day, I started the race in 5th.  Due to a series of accidents and spectating drivers, I was 3rd by the end of Lap 1.  But very soon I was under the attack of a few very quick drivers who were capable of doing laptimes of low 1:12.  

For what it's worth, I don't think I'm that slow either.  My PB is in the mid 1:13s.  But back on topic, I chose to put up a hard fight despite being a lot slower than the guys behind, and I'm sure this is what any other racing driver would do when they are in danger of being overtaken.  I fought with 3 cars, 2 got by, and I was fighting a 3rd one.  Just as I was fighting him, a guy who got passed me earlier voted to ban me!  I may have driven tough, but all my defensive moves were fair.  I didn't have a chance to speak up and ask why the guy was trying to ban me because I was still busy racing.  I was going to ask him why he tried to ban me when the race was over, but I never got this chance - MRC member MAX (Maximoris46) was unfortunately racing on the server at the time, and his priority vote banned me instantly.  I was left angry after the entire incident, as I will once again declare that I drove hard but clean.  I didn't push anyone off the track or what not.

At this point, I could only guess that I was banned because other drivers thought I was a difficult guy to overtake.  I understand the frustration if a driver has a hard time overtaking another car, but he can't just expect the slower car to just move out of the way for him.  I got into a heated debate with another driver a few weeks ago over this exact topic, and he was coincidentally racing on the server too at the time I was banned.  For those who think that slower cars should just move out of the way and let faster ones through, I think this mindset is utterly ridiculous.  What is the point of racing then?  What's the point of F1?  Being fast doesn't automatically mean you will win, you need to fight for it.  Just because you can't master the art of overtaking, it does not mean people should gift positions to you.  For those who believe in this mentality, I really do question if racing is a suitable hobby for them.

I hope mods can review this matter thoroughly, and also question Maximoris46 over his decision to support the vote to ban me.  I will be willing to talk to him if he comes on here.   The guy didn't even let me speak before banning me. The ban will only last for another 11 hours, but this is a matter of principle and I won't just "eat it" because I firmly believe that this ban is unfair.

FYI this incident happened on December 17th 07:26pm UTC.

Edit:  I just realized that there is a separate thread regarding the driver "Dido".  This racer is the guy who started the vote to ban me FYI.
Back to top Go down
maximoris46
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
maximoris46

PostSubject: Re: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty2015-12-18, 7:05 am

dear you have a very low safety rating! (below 50%), Irrationally Banned 1889509032 besides I do not race, I supported the ban vote. You Crusher 100%

Back to top Go down
ProfetaITA
ProfetaITA

PostSubject: Re: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty2015-12-18, 8:46 am

Captain often these situations where it is actually difficult to give one reason or another.

In these cases, it is relying on two things, consistency in races clean, and illegal movement.

Now, unfortunately I am not able to go to extrapolate the replay, I was in the room, I saw the vote and the last 6/7 max voted, so if we want to be precise, it is up to you banned, but the 'entire room who voted for you.

Now, what you express is totally right, but we need to see the replay, also recalls that a ban is not always decided by a single incident or a single bad maneuver, but by a succession of more races in which one has exaggerated maneuvers.

Max wrote that your rate is very low: about 50%, so it makes me think that what you describe as a hard but clean maneuvers are actually illegal moves.

touching is prohibited, if we want to make comparisons with f1, 99% of the community LFS would be expelled for life from formula1

So I think it is a comparison that you can mention here, in a demo server with mediocre pilots.
But anyway, I hope bish or sam have time to catch the replay, and post it here, but in any case it would be useless, since the vote was made by the room, and not by a single player.

See you on track
Prophet

Sorry for english, but i use google translator

Edit: i want add, all can mistakes...   yesterday i give penalty for 1 guy.. but when i check reply i see withotuh adrenaline of race and now i know: he dont fail..    all can fail, is normal
Back to top Go down
CX883

PostSubject: Re: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty2015-12-19, 1:37 am

maximoris46 wrote:

dear you have a very low safety rating! (below 50%), Irrationally Banned 1889509032  besides I do not race, I supported the ban vote. You Crusher 100%

Below 50%?  I don't know where you got this number from but last time I checked my rating is well above a 60%.  If you still think this is low, maybe you should take a look at how little percentage of ratings are credited to a driver per lap.  As someone going to college, I'm certainly unable to dedicate as much time to LFS as some other guys here.  Plus, the default safety rating for every driver new to the server is pre-set to 45%.  You are an MRc member, I really thought that you would know better.  I am only able to dedicate so much time to racing on LFS.  So there you go, now you know why I've only been able to accumulate my ratings to its current level.  Not to mention the safety rating system of MRc is in fact flawed at times!  But that is for another discussion. 

Do you seriously think I'm a crasher (or "100% Crusher as you call it)?  I think your opinion is subjective, ignorant, and certainly full of holes.
Back to top Go down
ProfetaITA
ProfetaITA

PostSubject: Re: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty2015-12-19, 8:38 am

If this is the evolution of this thread I can also stop writing .
I'm not going to read the charges to each other and other things like that , so , we expose the problem for what it is , and try to find a replay that will provide clarity on that single incident .

To your opinion, MRC considers the security to 85 % to be considered good , so with the time you have , try to improve it in mind that any contact ( your fault or not ) will fall this % , so we use our experience to "predict " dangerous situations , and avoid all contacts possible

This work on it and you'll see that these issues will not have ever again , with time and practice you will come to this

GoogleTranslator,

Profeta
Back to top Go down
didobmw

didobmw

PostSubject: Re: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty2015-12-19, 9:43 am

Hello
the topic was different, it is not now about the level of security.
I remember very well that day and race.
I also remember the other races in which you have participated.
I'm not saying that you're crasher, your style buddy:
if you are on the grid before the faster driver , You are doing everything not to get ahead 
specially arrived path, causing sudden braking of other drivers ,your line of travel,( You change on the long straight lines a dozen times) just to block faster from each other and it has nothing to do with race.
consider how short is the way , on your block, and forcing others to brake suddenly - accident.
An additional issue is your Internet connection
your ping is rarely less than 500 often is red ,jump all over the track, you do not even know.
that day got the most meritorious ban.
and it was not due to lag or poor connection , I think the punishment was very correct and only help you in the future training will help you to be faster, not a desperate block.
Back to top Go down
http://www.didotuning.pl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irrationally Banned   Irrationally Banned Empty

Back to top Go down

Irrationally Banned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MRC :: Servers :: Complaints and Compliments-
Jump to: