SearchHomePortalEventsCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pb and new people

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naxim77

PostSubject: Pb and new people   Sun 24 Sep 2017, 14:08

Hello everyone, my name is Nilson, my nickname is Naxim77 in LFS, I am from Argentina, I live in Neuquén, a very beautiful province if you have the opportunity to meet her, take advantage.
First I want to apologize, because I am using the English translator, I never had the opportunity to learn the beautiful English language, but I would love to have the opportunity.
Today I want to ask, or suggest a change in the limitation on our server, which is the closed bp, in the last few weeks and seen very few people enter and this is due to ignorance on how to sort on the server to get a pb
When I started, I remember School Bus, he was very kind to me, only thanks to that, is that today I continue playing and choosing the server. Let's face it, I'm sure that when we started we were slow and with very bad pb, just thanks to the time we dedicate is that we have good and excellent bp, the races are very funny thanks to the fights in parallel, the respect and fulfillment of the rules. These things I name only learn by living them, watching the careers of others, that's why I support growth within the server, instead of running offline and then entering. I still do not handle stress well in racing, but over time these things will disappear.
In short, the server is open 24hs, of which only about 6 or 8 people with excellent bp run, at the other time, that is a lot, the server does not allow anyone new entry, at that time could open the sv so that people without pb, enter and get acquainted with the track server, learn and most importantly improve their driving.
Another thing that is important is respect for new people, since they ban many new users all the time, for the sole reason of being new.
I know that people with bad bp bother racing because it is not coherent that they get in the first position, I do not know if it will be possible to work in a placement system, where people with a certain bp, come out on the last line , and others randomly, an example, people who exceed 1.60:00 start on the last line.
I know the server is exclusive with the excellent players out there, but in my opinion, we are stopping growing.
Another way would simply be to give a better deal to people new and interested in running.
The purpose of this suggestion is to increase the number of people playing on the server.

Well, this is just my opinion, if I am in the wrong, I hope you can explain the reasons, a cordial greeting to all and good race.

Naxim77.
Back to top Go down
hosep
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Sun 24 Sep 2017, 15:28

nice post, good driver good personality in game also.
waiting for other admins to reply and discuss if needed, after reading your post i  think maybe we should try to remove the time restriction for some time.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Limad 3
Limad 3

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Sun 24 Sep 2017, 18:04

Hi Nelson! Great post. It's great racing with you.

I completely agree. I race late at night sometimes (when everyone is sleeping Razz), and there is usually 4 or 5 people that join, only to find that they can't race due to these limitations. The limitation we had previously, which was just the 1.19.x requirement, I prefer that. I believe that helped, maybe I could be wrong.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Simon
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Sun 24 Sep 2017, 19:28

Bish & myself were only talking about this last week lol!

Any suggestion welcome but my plans this week as im off work were

Change the names on the main demo servers to be ^7Formula ^0BMW/][MRc] Formula BMW PRO  or similar leave the settings the same but remove the pb time limit.

Rename the quali servers to match the current ^7Formula ^0BMW/][MRc] Formula BMW but set it to 4 lap race and remove all locks so anyone can race. This means we have servers for everyone.

Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Sun 24 Sep 2017, 22:10

Yeah sounds like a better arrangement. I think we could manage without dedicated qualy server.
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:55

the main issue seems to be that due to new racers in general as well as most people probably is having LFS to not show empty servers so when they see that they needed to join mrc qualify server they then would go the server list and not see it due to being empty

I cannot remember at the moment what limad level it is to be able to remove the !lock. Maybe its something that we could consider for limad 3 and upwards

@Simon Any ideas/changes for the servers you can change right away. I know respectfully you like to ask what i think but i have 100% faith in your decisions so always go ahead and implement your ideas 

@naxim77 

thank you for your suggestions and feedback . we always appreciate good constructive feedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:49

lock commands are now for limads 2 and higher. So if you raise that, please do the same for my limad level Wink
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Tue 26 Sep 2017, 17:16

you have misunderstood. i was saying if they had been set to limad 4 + then they should be lowered. they had been set to limad 5 only for 7 years hence why i was unsure Smile

+gemini i will upgrade your limad to 3 anyway as i always see you being fair

The main reason the server stays empty is because no-one is there to keep it n the server list,
Back to top Go down
Simon

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Tue 26 Sep 2017, 17:25

gemini 95 wrote:
lock commands are now for limads 2 and higher. So if you raise that, please do the same for my limad level Wink

You are limad3 on the demo servers I will change the forum and the S2 servers to match.

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Tue 26 Sep 2017, 17:33

I have changed server names and setting but I need to tweak them tomorrow as the servers have players on now.

If you notice any issues let me know I will keep an eye on the pc rest of the night.

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Wed 27 Sep 2017, 05:25

I have bought x2 s1 licences and we can do a month long !champ competition on a formula server and one for gti, Simon when you have time could you announce it on airio and give a the starting date as the 1st of October . Thanks
Back to top Go down
Simon

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Wed 27 Sep 2017, 21:18

Should have airio sorted in a few hours will let you know when its done.

God demo servers are dead now we are trying fo8 on southcity.

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Thu 28 Sep 2017, 03:59

Bish can you check !events on demo airio I need to add s2 to s3 as an upgrade but anything else before I plaster the server with it LOL.

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   Fri 29 Sep 2017, 03:31

Sorry I screwed up but in defence nobody mentioned it LOL half the servers were set to practice with no vote restarts that could be why we had less drivers.

At this minute the GTI server is full again now its fixed.

I have fixed my fc up and changed all  the server refresh levels to 4pps and also put the weather to the default original on all servers.

Bish I have put the voucher details on all the demo servers connection page's also added it to all race / qualification restarts & periodically it pops up as a message. I had to put it under !events

If a Supad could restart all the demo servers / demo Airio when the servers are empty it should put them all inline & up-to-date.

PostSubject: Re: Pb and new people   

Back to top Go down

Pb and new people
Page 1 of 1