MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposal for the event

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
helmet22

Proposal for the event Empty
PostSubject: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 1:35 am

I've been toying with the idea for this event for a couple of weeks now.

I thought about contacting the developer(s) of LFS about a race that'd be between them and regular players.

Let me expand on this a bit. I imagine it would go something like this:

1. We have a sort of qualification which could be on an extra MRc server (3 lap race)
2. We pick 30 people that have made the best time, then we put them into 3 groups of 10 (with help of online random generator so we are not accused of bias).
3. Here we have 3 groups with 10 members (+1 camera slot for online showing, +2 slots for jury. +2 slots for commentators). They race 5 laps. Best 3 of each group have qualified to race a 10 lap race with a developer(s).
4. The 9 guys race with devs, the reward is S2 licence which i'm willing to donate.
5. to make proper event we could do skype interview with top 3 place winners + short dev interview.

I would like comments if this is doable in your opinion and would we actually want to do it?
I have not contacted devs yet, but due to unpopularity of the game i don't see how they wouldn't want to do something they can write about on their page or put it on youtube.

If we're gonna do it we might want to contact some other teams that are in good relationship with us to inform their members and advertise it in official LFS forum too.

If it's all too grandiose let me know ;-)

I just wanted to propose something a bit bigger, i've seen oval race done in similar fashion, but i think the dev participation would be the key.

Helmet22
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 7:14 am

it would be a great idea but it would be hard to get scawen ect to take part,they are not only freelance developers they get contracts with companys like take two ect .

it would be worth asking them as ya never know unless one ask.it would of definitly been something they would have done going back a few years,lfs was televised on a sports channel and theyve had all big things like that..maybe tell him it could show people that he is still focused on lfs and its devolopment

get intouch with scawen on lfsforums or if like il mail him and mention it as it is a good well layed out idea
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
helmet22

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 9:52 am

I agree that it wouldn't be easy to get Scawen. I guess to get any busy person's time one has to prove oneself first.

So we might have to do a regular championship first without involving devs, the reward can be s2 licence, but we can take it as a training run.
What is needed are people for commentators who speak very good English, we need people who'd be willing to be jury guys and someone who is great at seeing what's going on on the track to point cameras there. Volunteers welcome ;-)

I see one additional benefit to MRc team, since we'd be doing progressively longer runs (3, 5 and 10 laps), it would mean that our members who advocate longer races could finally get some people on servers who'd actually have to train longer runs for final race. ;-)

Another question for people more knowledgeable than me: Is 10 lap race long enough to bring tactics into play? I would like race long enough so there is a decision to be made about pit stops - either going a bit slower on 1 set of tires or go full out and make a pit stop - so it would be more enjoyable to watch and interesting for all.

Helmet22
Back to top Go down
OUTLAW

OUTLAW

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 11:45 am

The truth is that I love the idea, count me for anything.
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 1:39 pm

u can count on me 2 Cool expect commentary, sexay bish commentary would be awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 3:50 pm

first an admin or supad would need to control the event which id be happy to do,for camera ect if you mean making a video or livestream - if making a video of race then that can be done from the replay with livestream someone that isnt racing would need to use the software(not very easy setup as me and ricky got close to settting it up but kept running into problems)

at the end of march there is going to be a new championship/leaugue by myseld and ricky so could do with talking to him to make sure that its not going to conflict in anyway as rickys put a lot of work into it upto now

also fo event races we tend to use a timed race not a set amount of laps- usually have a qualify which is each racer has 3 laps - 1 warmup lap and 2 hotlap - then a 30 min race usually have must pit enabled and also must change tyres..

il speak to ricky and if he gives ok then we can start to build a structure to it...
Back to top Go down
helmet22

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 6:26 pm

Quote :
first an admin or supad would need to control the event which id be happy to do,for camera ect if you mean making a video or livestream - if making a video of race then that can be done from the replay with livestream someone that isnt racing would need to use the software(not very easy setup as me and ricky got close to settting it up but kept running into problems)

Awesome, I only made proposal, i'm happy to help with it under someone elses guidance, or if i'm too junior member to just wait for other people make it happen. I've seen it done here (they seem to be using replay - i wonder if it can be done live): http://www.livestream.com/realisticnascar

I'll try to get streaming and technical stuff to work, but i'll need some help with testing things. When it's done and everything setup, someone else can take over.

Quote :
at the end of march there is going to be a new championship/leaugue by myseld and ricky so could do with talking to him to make sure that its not going to conflict in anyway as rickys put a lot of work into it upto now

We can make this event whenever you guys see it would fit in schedule for the team. As i see it, it's still in developing idea stage.

Quote :
also fo event races we tend to use a timed race not a set amount of laps- usually have a qualify which is each racer has 3 laps - 1 warmup lap and 2 hotlap - then a 30 min race usually have must pit enabled and also must change tyres..

il speak to ricky and if he gives ok then we can start to build a structure to it...

Do you think that would be suitable format to attract a dev? I would suspect they're actually not really that good at their own game tbh. They do more technical stuff and coding than actually playing - well at least i imagine so.

I would like to thank you for your help Bish, and also thank you Outlaw and JayVi for volunteering to help.

Helmet22
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 7:49 pm

yeah its possible to livestream but with low frame rate,most of the lfs stream channels i checked say live but are actually made from replays then commentating added afterwards

i made a few videos froms events from replays

heres one example and there are more there,it can take a liitle time create as fraps is used to video the replay and a three minute video with fraps can be a few gigabytes which then have to convert to make smaller filesize

https://youtu.be/kO0dWspIqIc?hd=1
Back to top Go down
helmet22

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-02-29, 11:41 pm

You make a very good point. I tried live streaming but it was amazingly cpu intensive, since first there was screen grab application and then converter for video. It took about 50% CPU on I7.
I guess it would be impractical to do live streaming and i agree with you that we could do this with replays ... and as an added bonus we can catch all good overtakings across all field ;-)

edit: a grammatical mistake ... i'm sure there's lots of them left in the text anyway ;-)
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty2012-03-01, 1:39 am

im using a quad core pc 8gb ram x2 ati radeon 5770 gpu and got fair speed broadband a livestream was still a head wrecker,,ive spokle to ricky and he says yeah its a good idea and something that we could do when weve got everything done and set for the oval champ we got coming up soon,,.so then dates can be chosen with no fear of any conflicts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for the event   Proposal for the event Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposal for the event
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MRC :: Event :: Events-
Jump to: