SearchHomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Repeating offenders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kensei

PostSubject: Repeating offenders   Sun 27 May - 21:57

1st of all gratz on a well managed and active community servers to you all and have a question kick/bans issued.

Installed the game last weekend and as ive posted on another thread your server is a keeper , one thing ive been seeing is the constant return of ppl that get banned for X reason and after they come back one race or two ppl just call vote to kick them out as they continue to act the same way that got them banned in the 1st place could name a few but the name and shame isn't rly the motive behind me posting but more of a question/idea and the fact that at least 2 of them were banned yesterday and came back today just to get kicked out of the server once more...

Question/idea in the form that since ive only played for a week so i don't rly know what rules are in place to prevent these ppl to keep ruining perfectly good races just because they feel like it , but was wondering if a system exists that after X amount of bans by admins ( not players ) they automatically get an extended period (say 2 weeks or more ) out of the MRc tracks as a form of punishment for continued bad behavior or such an automated "system" cant be put to work ? ie: banned 3 times in a week for X reason the 3rd ban would be the 2 weeks++ one.

In a way would free the servers of a few ( probably more than just a few ) crashers and the likes and allow for the admins to actually play the game, as before being admins they are just like everyone else players and as i know belonging to MRc has responsibilities the main goal behind it all is to have fun wile at it and if ppl need to keep hammering the same nail over and over because crashers refuse to either learn or just are in it to ruin others game time fun becomes a chore or a full time job without pay ^^ hence me asking if such a system can be put to work.

Best regards.
Ken.

Back to top Go down
OUTLAW

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Sun 27 May - 22:19

Yes Kensei , we can ban from 1 to 999 days in MRc servers.

Best regards.

Gentlemen, start your engines!"
Back to top Go down
Kensei

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Sun 27 May - 22:43

What i meant was in an automated form, say u ban a guy that has been banned 2 times already during the course of a week your ban automatically takes the form of a 2 weeks ban instead of entering the time manually as unless the said person is banned 3 times from the servers by the same admin the other admins have no way of knowing if it was a one time "offence" or its something that said crasher is doing regularly , that's what im trying to point out as despite the 12h ban they just seem to keep at it and don't seem to care alt all for the consequences.
Back to top Go down
EXE

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Sun 27 May - 23:11

@ kensei its a very good idea, but im afraid that Airio can't do that...

Bish should know more about this, and he probably gonna answer this as soon as possible Smile but the idea is fine. Wink
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Mon 28 May - 15:09

Hello Kensei first off all may i say Welcome to the MRc Forum and i hope you enjoying live for speed.
I know that live for speed has a system in place whereas if someones account is banned a number of times in a short period then there accounts are suspended for a period of time.
Many of them are making new accounts to keep doing this and its only recently started to happen on our servers at the scale thats happening.
If you see or experience these things if you could either write down the time and server your on and i can look into it or if you know how to save a replay ( press 2 and click save) then i could tell you how to send the replay to me then id ban them permantly
Thankyou for your suggestion, its important that people that use our servers give us some feedback because we all know that as soon as team members leave a server things can change

*** ADVICE FOR TEAM MEMBERS

IF SOMEONE IS SEEN CRASHING OTHERS ON PURPOSE THEN AFTER YOU BAN CHECK

* do a check on there lfsw name - is it a account thats new made on that day or is it one made years ago but has a really low amount of stats - if so then its obviously made for someone to crash others so i advise to 999 day ban them

* do check for similar lfsw name so for example - lfsw name - Golf64 - just search Golf then see if any accounts are same date and counntry specified and if %100 its one of theres then ban that

* if you ban somone and in !pl it said they were from the UK for example check the next person who enters the server (most of the time they use the same country) and if the same then keep a close eye on them

* Most of these accounts ive been finding have even been made as far back as 1996 which makes me think about what motives would someone have if theyve played for that long and attempt these things
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Kensei

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Tue 29 May - 19:23

[quote="bish" [/font][/b] because we all know that as soon as team members leave a server things can change

And so right u are mate =( One race with a single MRc member on the server be it admin or not is so much more composed that at times there's not even a means of comparison as the reverse of the coin is just frustrating to endure.

And to the best of my possibilities will try and keep my end and do what i can to help mate no worries there and glad to know that the game itself has that feature as to make sorting this ppl out a tad more easier ^^

Best regards.
Ken.
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Wed 30 May - 9:40

Dont worry....Il have no more mercy with guys destroy and crash on purpose !

Im at GP server 10 hours a day and I know them about all !

So I just give 3 days ban for the realy bad ones..12 hours ..they dont care anyway...

Some guys have 3 or 4 or more acc.

Hope that they get sick allways making new acc.

LFS shout make a limit for acc.

So these guys cant allways come back with new acc.

Mabe bish...you can ask for that at LFS or post this problehm with the acc. at their forum.

Laps: 101497
Hosts joined: 4051
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Wed 30 May - 10:25

MrcTomTom wrote:
LFS shout make a limit for acc.
There is limit. You can make only one account for one e-mail.
But how you want limit it? On IP? Smile Not possible because your public IP can be shared with many other people and if someone make one account, then other would have no chance to create their account.
Or if in one home are 2 brothers (or dad and son) and they both want have own account.

And if it would be really limited by IP, then there are Proxy servers and many anonymizers which hide you.
From this side of security its impossible to restrict multiple account creation.

Easy answers - 5€
Answers, where I need to think - 8€
Serious answers - 15€
Answers to stupid and unnecessary questions - 20€

Special rate:
Question to which I have already answered - 30€
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Wed 30 May - 11:03

skswat...

yeah..understand..np to make new e-mail.-addr. and have a new acc.

So only way just these guys......

Laps: 101497
Hosts joined: 4051
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Wed 30 May - 11:17

MrcTomTom wrote:
skswat...

yeah..understand..np to make new e-mail.-addr. and have a new acc.

So only way just these guys......
Yes, and about e-mails... there are websites which gives you fakemail (you can also easy confirm registration through web interface), so you dont need waste time to with creating for example gmail account or hotmail, etc...

Example: http://www.fakemailgenerator.com/

So, yes... only one way is ban them from server.

Easy answers - 5€
Answers, where I need to think - 8€
Serious answers - 15€
Answers to stupid and unnecessary questions - 20€

Special rate:
Question to which I have already answered - 30€
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
bish

PostSubject: Re: Repeating offenders   Wed 30 May - 15:22