SearchHomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Shift+s question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Shift+s question   Sun 1 Jul - 12:17

Okay, so i think we have rule on our servers that you must spectate when you are crashing or losing control. Was driving on formula BMW server when i noticed to one player that you must press shift+s when losing control/crashing. He said to me that he doesn't have to do it because he was on grass(off the track). So, my question is, u dont have follow this spectating rule if you arent on track?

Regards, Extreme What a Face

Razz
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Sun 1 Jul - 12:46

the things id look at it - A. is there cars approaching him if so then spectate is best B.is he a "noob" driver or a experienced one with good !rt . if its obvious that he is able to recover without becoming an obstacle in the way of other drivers then its up to your discretion but if he is someone that seems like he is not capable of doing so then he must spec
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Sun 1 Jul - 12:50

well mate, i think in that situation he would been obstacle to others because crashed to wall. I think he was "noob" if thats right word to beginner. But there wasnt drivers coming to him.. But there was other situation too, when he was middle of track. He didn't spectate then and some players crashed to him. He started to argue with me about shift+s rule. It looked like me that he hasn't been understand spectating rule.

Razz
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Sun 1 Jul - 17:59

shift + s rule is

Easy answers - 5€
Answers, where I need to think - 8€
Serious answers - 15€
Answers to stupid and unnecessary questions - 20€

Special rate:
Question to which I have already answered - 30€
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Mon 2 Jul - 6:36

skswat wrote:
shift + s rule is
i know, master yoda Very Happy

But this "noob" said to me that he doesnt have to spectate if he isnt obstacle to anyone. So i said that it is rule, always crashing spectating.. then i think his mate started to compare lfs to real life like u cant press shift+s in f1..

Razz
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Mon 2 Jul - 9:00

yes, you cant,.... its why I am against Shift + S rule too. You are loosing big part of realism. CRASHES Smile
As real as it gets. Crashes and avoiding of spinned cars is part of real racing too. Why car should just disappear infront of me? I never saw that in real. Smile)

Easy answers - 5€
Serious answers - 15€

Special rate:
Back to top Go down
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Mon 2 Jul - 11:26

skswat wrote:
yes, you cant,.... its why I am against Shift + S rule too. You are loosing big part of realism. CRASHES Smile
As real as it gets. Crashes and avoiding of spinned cars is part of real racing too. Why car should just disappear infront of me? I never saw that in real. Smile)

Totally agree with u mate in that opinion.. But when we are thinking that when somebody is close to his own pb, somebody is just middle at the road in strate Very Happy But yes, i'm a bit of against that rule, but it has positive side too..

Razz
Back to top Go down
OUTLAW

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Mon 2 Jul - 17:20

I agree too, but... in real races theres not hundred of learners in a pro track.

Can you imagine?, the driving instructor: Come on guys you have to do a practice in the circuit of Le Mans (of course in a day of racing).

What I mean by that is that sometimes and for the benefit of all the rule SHIFT + S is ok.

Another thing is in the championships, I would remove the rule.

Gentlemen, start your engines!"
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Mon 2 Jul - 18:16

OUTLAW wrote:
I agree too, but... in real races theres not hundred of learners in a pro track.

Can you imagine?, the driving instructor: Come on guys you have to do a practice in the circuit of Le Mans (of course in a day of racing).

What I mean by that is that sometimes and for the benefit of all the rule SHIFT + S is ok.

Another thing is in the championships, I would remove the rule.
May be What a Face

Easy answers - 5€
Serious answers - 15€

Special rate:
Back to top Go down
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Mon 2 Jul - 19:50

OUTLAW wrote:

I can imagine what an mess that would be lol!

Razz
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Tue 3 Jul - 18:54

skswat wrote:
shift + s rule is

if you crash and become an obstacle or danger to others then they must spectate
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Tue 3 Jul - 18:56

skswat wrote:

in real life they wouldnt let someone race if they drove like most on servers do,and also there is a alternative in real life,if you crash then your removed from the track by the marshalls

its a rule which cleans up the servers when used otherwise we end up with the fiasco of what was happening on gp track a while ago..its a rule many appreciate and are glad for when it stops someone ruining the race.if it was rally then maybe different story but fbm its a must
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Tue 3 Jul - 19:05

bish wrote:
there is a alternative in real life,if you crash then your removed from the track by the marshalls
Sure, but not 1 second after spin Very Happy ... Im not saying that driver who crash must sit on track for next 4 laps or so. But It came weird for me then I see car infront of me and in middle of spin (he did not even fully spin) is going to spec.
Often times is 40% of start grid specdated after T1. Its

Easy answers - 5€
Serious answers - 15€

Special rate:
Back to top Go down
SnatchEST

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Tue 3 Jul - 19:17

Is there the same amount of crashes in races in real life as there is in LFS demo servers?
Back to top Go down
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Tue 3 Jul - 19:54

It is a judgement call on the exp driver

total out of control with no chance of recovery (yes spec) but if no one else around recover and continue

its all about being aware of your suroundings on the track

@swat yes i love the challenge of avoiding the crash and driving through the carnage and making it through cleanly = skill and luck

and then there are alot that just dont give a sh*t or to new to the game and ruin it for all in race

this debate could go on and on but is good for the FBM this spec rule if governed properly

but every spin or misshap shift + s = no (it is a fine balance of judgement and skill and respect for others )

Goat
Back to top Go down
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Wed 4 Jul - 6:34

I think its not necessary in every spin u to spectate. Only if staying on the track is dangerous to others. I think in real life racing theres not almost any crashes compared to lfs.
Of course you can continue ur race without spectating if youre not obstacle to anybody.

Razz
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Wed 4 Jul - 18:23

not crashes IRL? Why then I almost on every F1 start see some crashed monoposts? Razz
Im not saying that there is total carnage, but almost every race there are some DNF after 1st or 2nd turn after start.

Easy answers - 5€
Serious answers - 15€

Special rate:
Back to top Go down
joo_extreme

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Wed 4 Jul - 19:26

Lol mate didnt say there isnt any crashes. But crashes in t1 are not as usual in RL than in lfs. Of course in F1 there is t1 crashes too, but not in start of every race. Just saying my opinion, if im wrong thats okay for me, just say straight that im wrong What a Face But in crashes there are usually new drivers in F1, just like in LFS. So this is just my opinion, not arguing or anything, i appreciate everyones opinions Smile

Razz
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Wed 4 Jul - 21:17

skswat wrote:
bish wrote:
there is a alternative in real life,if you crash then your removed from the track by the marshalls
Sure, but not 1 second after spin Very Happy ... Im not saying that driver who crash must sit on track for next 4 laps or so. But It came weird for me then I see car infront of me and in middle of spin (he did not even fully spin) is going to spec.

see normaly it would be 40% of grid spins out at start but when its watched and admined we have mainly everyone surviving t1..people will shift + s quick as why ruin someone elses race because of your own error,its fair racing and sets a better attitude towards each other- go on formula bmw server without any limads there and dont use mrc tag and then thats what rules like this are preventing and the only people that may have a moan on the server are the ones who cant drive and crash = i
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Wed 4 Jul - 21:19

in any formula race 9/10 times if you crash your out - especialy formula 1 and there isnt a chance on earth they would let them drive with damaged wheels and suspension as is seen on lfs

theres a saying in life to not fix what aint broke and the spectate rule is doing good and stops carnage
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Thu 5 Jul - 17:24

bish....

1st time I saw servers crash here !...lol...

At AA we hat this PB once a mounth !..somethimes more !

Thing is that airo is over its limit and still takes server because of buissenes !

They cant handle it anymore !!!

So....great airo.......keep on doing..... :lol!:Fair thing....lol

Laps: 101497
Hosts joined: 4051
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rosa
Limad 3
Limad 3

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Sat 17 Sep - 6:15

skswat wrote:
bish wrote:
You see mate, the things is that if people dont obey that rule (witch often is the case), you will have 5 to 20 restarts of a race ia a row. Its not professional, nor entertaining or either racing.
Believe me, i have been in races full of novices where they constantly crash either in turn 1 (for braking like morons) or the chicane after turn 1 for not leaving space to others, and for me, that is not racing.

Plus, comparing this rule to real life doesnt make any sense to me. In real life you dont have complete novices without any ideia what they are doing racing against pro drivers. And in real life, you can get hurt or kill somebody or die.
This is a game, and therefore, a lot of people dont give a damn if they crash or not. If they were in real life cockpit, they wouldnt do 80% of the mess they do on the track.

For me, shift + s rule is perfect! But hey! - that´s just me.
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Sun 18 Sep - 12:20

first of all LIVEFORSPEED is a simulator not a game, there is a difference which is why we try to simulate as close as possible to real life. 
the shift + s rule was introduced due to situations such as you are on lap 2 and you got some childish racer who is on his first lap sit in the middle of the track while you're approaching

After close to 50.000 laps on blackwood demo (another 50,000 on all other) i have to got see all kinds of things happen il always help those that keep crashing (accidental) to improve beyond having to shift + s but as you know there is also those that dont want help as they intentionally wish to disrupt the race

also LiveForSpeed is a racing simulator hence why rules and regulations follow real rules and regulations well as close possible but all with the intention of making sure no one ruins the fun for everyone  

If you experience such times where it seems someone is a constant crasher (they will make each time look accidental and will happen every race when someone tries to overtake ect you can either save replays or send me a pm here and il go through the server replays 

PS : sorry for
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   Sun 18 Sep - 12:20

first of all LIVEFORSPEED is a simulator not a game, there is a difference which is why we try to simulate as close as possible to real life. 
the shift + s rule was introduced due to situations such as you are on lap 2 and you got some childish racer who is on his first lap sit in the middle of the track while you're approaching

After close to 50.000 laps on blackwood demo (another 50,000 on all other) i have to got see all kinds of things happen il always help those that keep crashing (accidental) to improve beyond having to shift + s but as you know there is also those that dont want help as they intentionally wish to disrupt the race

also LiveForSpeed is a racing simulator hence why rules and regulations follow real rules and regulations well as close possible but all with the intention of making sure no one ruins the fun for everyone  

If you experience such times where it seems someone is a constant crasher (they will make each time look accidental and will happen every race when someone tries to overtake ect you can either save replays or send me a pm here and il go through the server replays 

PS : sorry for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shift+s question   

Back to top Go down

Shift+s question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1