SearchHomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ban for what?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
0-killed

PostSubject: Ban for what?   Tue 9 Oct - 2:19

Hi there

Why someone called [MRc] Brian ban me for 6 days at [MRc] Formula BMW?

Just because he ban MrOverclock for a simple touch before a corner and I didn't like it?

Yes I had called Brian idiot like he makes to overclock... is that a good reason?
MrOverclock has a small srceen and can't see the mirror... i know this guy in person. He touch brian.. who got angry about it... than overclock exceed the speed limit in the pits and got BAN.... (he explain it was a pure distraction)

Then Brian ban me for asking why and also call him idiot...

I've got the replay... I can't see how to upload...
I think is not really fair..

Sorry for my bad english.. i'm portuguese.. i'm sorry to make a bad image about your mod.

0-killed
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 9 Oct - 11:33

first off i cant see how having a small screen would stop someone seing there mirrors unless they are driving with a really close fov (anything below approx 85 degrees, also its not sensible to call him an idiot and you couldve questioned the decision in a more approachable way.

when people speed through the pits it always gets my attention as it usually means they are not in it for the race as they rack up speeding penaltys and i it just brings the attention to themselves. seing as brian didnt ban him for the accident then i see it as he gave him a chance,

il check the replay to see how your friend came into contact with mrc brian as i guess it most likely was a crash caused by him making a silly manouver which had an obvious outcome.

an accident by definition means when something was unavoidable and when someone blatantly just shoots down the side of you can hitting you is not accidental
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
MrOverclock

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 9 Oct - 12:46

Hi bish!

I'm the one who had the crash with Brian!

I will explain what happened:

I have an old squared screen and I only see half of the mirrors. This is because if I adjust the angle to see full mirrors I have a bad gaming experience because it's harder to see speed information and the track ahead. So I choose to see only a little more than half mirrors.

The crash
I saw the driver behind me, but I wasn't expecting his move and I didn't saw him. So I bumped him/he bumped me.. so what? not a big deal, it wasn't on purpose. But then he kicked me with no valid reason (from my point of view).

Then I started to get nervous. And I was looking to the log when I should take attention to the warning that said that I would not enter the track after pit. Ok my mistake... More nervous I am now! And I tried again but this time, again looking to the log, I speed in pits... It wasn't intentional, but was my mistake again.

My temporary ban is fair (a sort of), but I didn't liked the way Brian talked to me. For god sake... this is a game/racing simulator.. this is not the real life... It was only a bump, not a big crash and wasn't intentional!

I didn't saw the conversation between O-killed and Brian, but I think that a 6 day ban is too much for some ugly words!

Like O-killed said, I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for my english and sorry for all this situation
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 9 Oct - 22:15

well ... I saw the replay again (with brian driver view) and I just smile (and was not a sarcastic smile) Very Happy

Brian crashed by himself, because he went to the grass and brake, but nobody push him. Seconds before Overclock touches him, take the lead and brian crash with no one around. How about that? Very Happy

well ... it does not matter. What's done can not be undone and is just a simple game.

I just wonder if my ban will keep for six days. It's my first ban in 5 or 6 years of LFS.

Keep me posted bish Wink

greetings
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Sat 13 Oct - 14:32

MrOverclock wrote:
Hi bish!

I'm the one who had the crash with Brian!

I will explain what happened:

I have an old squared screen and I only see half of the mirrors. This is because if I adjust the angle to see full mirrors I have a bad gaming experience because it's harder to see speed information and the track ahead. So I choose to see only a little more than half mirrors.

The crash
I saw the driver behind me, but I wasn't expecting his move and I didn't saw him. So I bumped him/he bumped me.. so what? not a big deal, it wasn't on purpose. But then he kicked me with no valid reason (from my point of view).

Then I started to get nervous. And I was looking to the log when I should take attention to the warning that said that I would not enter the track after pit. Ok my mistake... More nervous I am now! And I tried again but this time, again looking to the log, I speed in pits... It wasn't intentional, but was my mistake again.

My temporary ban is fair (a sort of), but I didn't liked the way Brian talked to me. For god sake... this is a game/racing simulator.. this is not the real life... It was only a bump, not a big crash and wasn't intentional!

I didn't saw the conversation between O-killed and Brian, but I think that a 6 day ban is too much for some ugly words!

Like O-killed said, I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for my english and sorry for all this situation

its usually best to say a little sorry as it can make a difference on if it looks intentional or a true accident, if you would have specced and just said that you was sorry and that you feel nervous then im sure that someone would help you,

as we race on our servers for many hours a day you can guess how many incidents happen and every little detail helps. if someone replied to me with a smilie i would see it as a sarcastic smilie and meaning in other words that it was intentional

my best advice would be if your feeling nervous its best to pull over and let the others pass so you can have a clear road to warm up., i still do this now even after doing over 35.000 laps with fbm car as it then helps me with faster laps later on
Back to top Go down
Formula 1

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Sun 14 Oct - 18:26

[quote="bish"]
MrOverclock wrote:

My temporary ban is fair (a sort of), but I didn't liked the way Brian
talked to me. For god sake... this is a game/racing simulator.. this is
not the real life... It was only a bump, not a big crash and wasn't
intentional!

Hi, 1st of all I don't need to explain to somebody like you why I do ban's only Bish and other Supads and other Limads can ask me, Not to you, as for me you are just an user playing on MRc, Yes this is a Game/Racing Simulator which some people pay to race properly and to have a gd time with other people. Next time Say sorry, dont smile and dont call an admin Idiot and then Disconnect, Which I didn't like it.
Thats why the ban, You called me an Idiot and Disconnect straight after.
Anyway For the Future, Don't call somebody an Idiot, Do not ignore Speed Limit on Pit, when you bump into somebody say sorry, and You will see you will have somebody who will respect you.
That's Everything
Regards
Brian
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Mon 15 Oct - 0:41

I'm the who call you that (like you to him)
And i'm still thinking it wasn't a fair ban...

If you think we are problematic racers, you're wrong... Check the security rate. Six years racing (with long pauses)... first ban ever...

but... it's your call...

end of topic...

pm if you want.

see you tuesday racing again
Back to top Go down
MrOverclock

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Mon 15 Oct - 1:27

Formula 1 wrote:

Hi, 1st of all I don't need to explain to somebody like you why I do ban's only Bish and other Supads and other Limads can ask me, Not to you, as for me you are just an user playing on MRc, Yes this is a Game/Racing Simulator which some people pay to race properly and to have a gd time with other people. Next time Say sorry, dont smile and dont call an admin Idiot and then Disconnect, Which I didn't like it.
Thats why the ban, You called me an Idiot and Disconnect straight after.
Anyway For the Future, Don't call somebody an Idiot, Do not ignore Speed Limit on Pit, when you bump into somebody say sorry, and You will see you will have somebody who will respect you.
That's Everything
Regards
Brian

I'm sorry, but I didn't asked no explanation, in first place. Second, I didn't called you nothing, you are the one who called me idiot!

bish, I know that my english isn't good but I'm pretty sure that you misunderstood me: I got nervous only after the first kick, not after the "accident". And I didn't feel that as an accident, that's why I didn't sorry. Just that! If you see the replay you will see that I made a predictable trajectory and was Brian touching me, not me touching Brian.

And to finish this subject: I don't care about my 12h ban, is past and I'm here to have fun not to argue. I Just want to make things clear. And that's why I came here and started talking!

And one more time, I'm sorry if I misunderstood something again...
Back to top Go down
Formula 1

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Mon 15 Oct - 1:45

Ye Keep changing your story, Carry on.
Back to top Go down
MrOverclock

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Mon 15 Oct - 2:24

I don't need to change anything!

If you have access to the replay, go on... see by yourself!
Back to top Go down
Formula 1

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 2:32

0-killed wrote:
Hi there

Yes I had called Brian idiot

0-killed

Here is the proof so stop changing story.
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 2:35

Brian it was me!!! 0-KILLED... not MR.OVERCLOCK...
Pay attention to nicks...
Back to top Go down
Formula 1

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 2:37

Listen, Your friend caused the bump and you called me an idiot, so end of story.
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 2:45

and you call him idiot just after that bump... so what?
Is this really bad? I don't care about that anymore... it belongs to past... keep talking about that things over and over again is not the way i live..

I just have one question. I can't connect to your servers. Is there any problem with my profile?
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 13:22

il take a look for you.
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 15:17

okay
thank you!
i will try later and hope to race you soon ;-)
bye
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 19:10

Hi again.
Just to tell you that I can conect now Wink

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bish

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 20:58

ok . what i suggest is to draw a line under this and start again between you's.. im certain you would have seen now how we can occasionally suffer from crashers and sometimes it can happen that many times in a day that it beguins to affect peoples perception of things which makes it hard to tell the difference between crashes that was purposely and those accidental,

happy racing and good luck and heres to a fresh start between you all,

life is too short to spend it filled with anger or hate and everyone deserves a chance
Back to top Go down
0-killed

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   Tue 16 Oct - 22:20

I agree with you. No doubt about that.
I perfectly understand your position.

See you soon... behind a wheel Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban for what?   

Back to top Go down

Ban for what?