Share | 

one server AA & MRc ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bufo

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 19:55

I have double feelings about this.

It sounds cool in a way, but im not sure what to expect. Another room with just 3 lap races? will there be a pb lock to prevent newbies? or is it just for AA and MRc members? how are the admin rights? what happens when a AA member collides with a MRc decision to ban a player and visa versa.

could it be possible to race in the other direction?? that might be cool.

as long as we dont rush things.

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 20:01

Bufo wrote:
I have double feelings about this.

It sounds cool in a way, but im not sure what to expect. Another room with just 3 lap races? will there be a pb lock to prevent newbies? or is it just for AA and MRc members? how are the admin rights? what happens when a AA member collides with a MRc decision to ban a player and visa versa.

could it be possible to race in the other direction?? that might be cool.

as long as we dont rush things.
Bufo, I think we know the answers to most of those things so here goes...

3 lap races? No, we're talking about one-off daily events, e.g. one night it's 3 x 15 min FBM races with pitstop, another night GTI, another night RallyX, etc. Server is in practice mode when no event is running and there is qualifying before the event.

Pb lock? Under discussion, but probably you will need to attain a reasonable lap time on the server in practice mode or qualifying prior to being allowed to line up for the main race

Just for AA/MRc - no, public server

Admin rights - probably just a few select members from each team have admin rights. Perhaps other AA and MRc members would be given a lower limad status. To be decided.

What happens when we disagree - see my post above

Other direction - no, reverse tracks not available in demo unfortunately. Sad
Back to top Go down
Bufo

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 20:19

[quote="meddc
Admin rights - probably just a few select members from each team have admin rights. Perhaps other AA and MRc members would be given a lower limad status. To be decided.
[/quote]

Now it comes, if its only open for aa and mrc members, and a few of us get admin rights. the ability to kick, ban, other stuff. aint that going to give friction? For example. 1 admin from team X votes for this and that, and lets say 5 other players from team Y dont want that. imediately its X vs Y. and the big admin gets bitten.

myself only play fbm, so the rally etc doesnt get my attention, i fear most of the time i get online, i wouldnt race on that server.

also look, why did we became part of a team. because we wanted to be part of that group. now this is like a fusion between the teams. and most ppl from aa are strangers to me.

This whole idea has potentional, dont get me wrong, but it could destroy allot too.
Back to top Go down
SaMiX
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Airio Manager

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 21:06

If we make only AA vs MRc, I believe that if a MRc member is Kicked by AA or vice versa, it will give us only problems.

When we go into an "event" we have a "race control".
But we are 2 team who have experience and we consider to be non-crashers.
this does not mean that there will be no errors from each team during the race.
The ideal would be that we do not need admins but we all know what is a race. Problems of judgment may be different.

I think we must have all the replay and do not use the chat when the race started even if you feel crashed.
"Complaints of race" can be posted in a part in a forum.

EDIT : *"Complaints of race" can be posted in a part in a forum after the races.

Formula BMW                     Master Rally

Formula BMW #2                Rallyx

Last edited by SaMiX on Sun 6 Jan - 21:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *part)
Back to top Go down
http://mhservers.net
the_hunter94

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 22:21

I dont think its a good idea, AA and MRc are two seperate teams, so they need seperate servers. Combined events are something else (just like the challenge between DNT and MRc), thats fun, bot no combined servers with combined limad-rights. That will only bring trouble!

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 22:27

Since I guess MRc members may be unfamiliar with AA's daily events then perhaps I should explain. They are totally automated via Airio and run according to a set schedule. Limads or race control is not essential to making them work - they can run without any limads online at all. I would suggest you attend one to see for yourself but due to problems with our server host, the racing server is currently offline Rolling Eyes Although we still have automated events on a Tue and Thur evening on the RallyX server for anybody who wants to check them out and see how they work.
Back to top Go down
Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 22:31

Points taken Bufo ,and honestly i do not disagree that it might happend on one or more occasions but maturity must have a big weight on the decision of who gets chosen to fulfill the roles needed to admin the servers and as Sam said the replays will give everyone a clear view of what happened and posterior decisions like bans and so forth can be enforced and the idea of a forum part dedicated to it has my two thumbs up.

On another note i would like to add yet another idea to the pot ,since the proposition is to have X amount of ppl on the managing board , and more than one format is being considered to take part of the joint server , FBM, GTi and Rally, the administrators + limads could, and should, be chosen from the ppl that currently , or mostly, races those formats as well.

As having ppl from GTI and Rally judge , on what could have been intentional or not ,on FBM races will lead to disagreements on decisions taken and vice-versa so we would keep the decision making on the hands of ppl that know the field.

All this and more , are ideas that we can work on together,and input from both sides must be taken in consideration so any doubts do post them , and a test phase, as medcc pointed out ,is were things will be as black and white as they can be ,and we can all see if it has legs to stand or not ,and call it a day without any harm being done in the process to either Team.

Back to top Go down
HappyD
Limad 3
Limad 3

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Sun 6 Jan - 23:58

As what senna comment makes u feel like ahh see i told yuh blah there this that, well then wut u think AA sayin when ur sayin negative stuff bout them.

I know AA likes racing with MRc servers as i see MRc with AA servers, its racing, a game, about fun. Its obvious u (tomtom and others) know alot and history bout AA and such so i cant really say ur wrong or anything other than i dont mind any event or challenge etc. Im up to race in any type event, love of racing Smile

Most likey this will not workout between agreenments between AA & MRc as members will have
there saying and thaughts.

As for my personal thaught is, oh ok cool a event both teams racing, cool sounds like fun. Thats it...it might have gone to far i think? With all this drama and negativity we are going nowhere. Lets just let bigons be bigons. Im not attacking anyone at all, its just a game Smile

Best regards -HappyD
Back to top Go down
Ruben.

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 11:39

What i find very strange, is that you guys only defend the idea, instead of listening to our comments and do something with it..

I'm sorry to be so rude, but this aint gonna work with so much struggle..

Greetings

Stand Together as ONE!
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 11:45

my apologys i hadnt read correctly,yeah i can see the benifits of sharing events servers.sorry sam for not reading fully before i replied

just incase anyone else has misunderstood sam is on about us joining forces on the event server(s) which would be created and not on about our normal servers or team,if i am correct
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 12:16

For my self I will keep out of this disscusions in future and take my konsequenzes !

Thanks TomTom

Laps: 101497
Hosts joined: 4051
Back to top Go down
Goat

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 12:23

yes if this moves forward there has been sugestions in this post

to avoid confusion: 1 or 2 represenatives from each team get together to work out format the less the better for it to have sucess

1st stage: format set up

2nd stage: private and passworded to allow only members to test and feel it out and to get to know each other and adjustments

3rd stage: public = there should be no-way for members to be able to kick or ban other members or same team but everything is up for review for non members the vote system should take care of them

just some thoughts on how this should be done

Goat

Back to top Go down
Ruben.

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 12:58

Well if you really want to do this, i am gonna leave me out of this discussion..

You wont find me in the co-op server, i wish you all the luck!

Stand Together as ONE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 14:12

Well after all i must say that you guys may count with me for what ever you need.
This team is a family and i'll be here for the good and bad things.
As its only 2 shared servers where events will take place i dont see the problem anymore.
If need help ask me and i will be glad to help you all.

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 15:42

bish wrote:
my apologys i hadnt read correctly,yeah i can see the benifits of sharing events servers.sorry sam for not reading fully before i replied

just incase anyone else has misunderstood sam is on about us joining forces on the event server(s) which would be created and not on about our normal servers or team,if i am correct

+100 ^ Correct as it can be Bish

And regarding as to listening the MRc comments and do something with them, that is exactly what we are looking for but we cant as well move forward ,as the general idea that seems to be spreading is that we are merging the teams and mix everything in a big pot , as that is NOT the case here, so we cannot give shape to anything as of now since the green light on the MRc side hasn't been lit yet =(

The proposed project is for one or two servers alone, as said before and i would like to once more reiterate that point, and nothing more, we cant move forward into shaping something were all must be , and will be, considered, and everyone is free to help on the shaping of the model were all formats will ,in time ,be included if both teams see any benefits on doing so.

On our side the concern atm is more focused on technicalities than the way ppl will interact with each other, tho that is not forgotten , is being taken as something that we can all manage with maturity and find a common ground in were to base our decisions together so no one feels left aside.

Waiting on a green or red light on the MRc side , and i somewhat feel that much is yet to be discussed until that day comes, If an OK is given we can then move the discussion of all the details that need to be sorted by both teams to either a separate forum or another topic ,on either forum ,and get work done.

On another note the steps Goat underlined are fairly what we on AA have in mind as well so there is a converging point ,were we can at least put all to test before it goes live

If the OK doesn't come all is as it has been so far and no dmg has been done or caused on either side and well keep meeting on the tarmac as always =)

Back to top Go down
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 16:05

I actually have a separate forum all ready to go to discuss the plans for this one race server in more deail.

This would be for a small and select group of people (say, 3 or 4 people each from AA and MRc). We can then report back with a more detailed proposal and trial the server as outlined by Goat above.

Awaiting a green light for this from Samix and nomination of people he'd like to be involved in this project. I will then grant those people rights to the new forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 16:37

Just a note:

I've noticed much more interest from the side AA members than from the side MRc members.
Guys , don't be so negative , just give them a chance , if after all doesn't work you guys will be able to say

"" I SAID IT !!!""

But until that happens , don't judge them , they deserve an oportunity.
Let's see what happens!

Once again , count with me for everything!

Best Regards,
Back to top Go down
Goat

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 16:48

@meddc: may i sugest a real time chat box for this forum for open dialog between Representatives if this moves forward?

Goat

Back to top Go down
SaMiX

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 17:26

Hello to all,

I wish to thank AA for their proposals. but after long reflection and read all the posts, I'll take my responsibility to refuse the project.

I have not talk much because I did not want to influence anyone. but for me it was that all MRc members should agrees. This is not the case.

Maybe some member will be vexed and i'm sorry, but I would absolutely keep our unity. And for a project like this, it can make us a lot of problems after reflection.

Really sorry, and thank you for your proposal.
Sam

Formula BMW                     Master Rally

Formula BMW #2                Rallyx

Back to top Go down
http://mhservers.net
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 17:33

Samix - decision respected and thanks for the consideration.
Back to top Go down
Goat

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 17:36

cheers [ one for all and all for one ] no vexed here just needed the the finale answer:cheers:

Goat

Last edited by Goat on Mon 7 Jan - 18:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rane_nbg

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 18:23

Tnx for your time guys, see you on the track Smile

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 18:29

Well..,..I can live with that decision......Full OK for me !

Respect !

regards TomTom

Laps: 101497
Hosts joined: 4051
Back to top Go down
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 19:48

Maybe instead of this, we can organise that one-off race event that was discussed before - MRc vs AA (for fun!). Will leave that to you MRc guys to organise since it was your idea, but just post on our forums if you want to progress - we have a few people interested already.

http://www.airattack.co.uk/portal/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34806
and
http://masterracecar.forumactif.com/t582-mrc-vs-aa-team-tournament#10036
Back to top Go down
Ruben.

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   Mon 7 Jan - 20:06

I've a lot of respect for you Sam, that you want to keep all members involved!

I am sorry that the project didnt work, but i think its best for both of us!

Stand Together as ONE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   

Back to top Go down

one server AA & MRc ?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Live for Speed :: Live for Speed-
Jump to: