MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Room 4 errors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tuborg

Room 4 errors Empty
PostSubject: Room 4 errors   Room 4 errors Empty2013-05-12, 4:34 am

Hi

I am a demo racer, and don't play that often!, today i was online for the first time in a month. There was many races and a lot of newcomers Smile i noticed a lot of kick/ban votes by racers in the 1.10-12 range. I don't think thats fair to new'b's, LFS is not a arcade game, and it takes awhile to learn. (T1 crashes is ofcourse unacceptable). But if you're about to lap a new racer, and he messes up on the back straight, well, that's a race incident!

(i remember when 1.13 was a great lap!)

Just my 5 cents...
Back to top Go down

Room 4 errors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Room 4 errors   Room 4 errors Empty2013-05-12, 8:52 am

Hello,

In case you've experienced any issue or unfair kick , please save the replay and i'll look into it

Thanks for your thread.
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

Room 4 errors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Room 4 errors   Room 4 errors Empty2013-05-12, 6:38 pm

Tuborg wrote:
Hi

I am a demo racer, and don't play that often!, today i was online for the first time in a month. There was many races and a lot of newcomers Smile i noticed a lot of kick/ban votes by racers in the 1.10-12 range. I don't think thats fair to new'b's, LFS is not a arcade game, and it takes awhile to learn. (T1 crashes is ofcourse unacceptable). But if you're about to lap a new racer, and he messes up on the back straight, well, that's a race incident!

(i remember when 1.13 was a great lap!)

Just my 5 cents...

and most of all what you dont see is that 9/10 times the racer with the new account that does these things is actually someone thats banned with multiple accounts for t1 kills and crashing the race leaders

there is a difference in someone new to lfs and trying to learn while not ruinning the race for others, then theres the ones that have 1000s of premade accounts ready to crash and ruin the fun,always keep that in mind

if a new racer is about to be lapped and he has two options, either pull over and let the others pass or spectate, if he stays in the way and dont allow them pass or basically stops dead in the track then it deserves at least a kick but if its known that it was intentionaly done then it would merit a ban
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Mirio

Mirio

Room 4 errors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Room 4 errors   Room 4 errors Empty2013-05-13, 12:57 am

He is right though. New people get kicked too fast.. sometimes they just spin and kick - they have no clue about LFS obviously. Everyone should remember his own first LFS experience.
Back to top Go down
http://alpha.omgforum.net/
bish
bish

Room 4 errors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Room 4 errors   Room 4 errors Empty2013-05-13, 2:08 am

its rare if at all you see someone being kicked for spinning,what you do see people being kicked for is the same thing you kicked someone for, not spectating and crashing others although theyve been asked multiple times. theres a difference between a racer being a noob(new) and ignorance and a total disregard for others

everyone must be warned before being kicked so after them not listening any kick is down to them.

also as i said in my other message, there is a lot that goes on in the background of the servers, if im there i check the details of new racers(new accounts) and see if i can match things like i,p's to any other thats been banned recently and as i say 9/10 times they have multiple accounts

also there is a known group of names that get instant bans as they are a group of racers that have always plagued the servers with crashing others and when possible they used hacks/cheats. there names become obvious in the banlist.

you need to draw a line inbetween the following - do you let them keep on destroying races and then lose the good racers who get sick of it and go to another server or do you try to keep it at balance where the ones that can race are able to finish while helping the honest new racers to learn without disrupting

note to op : anything that you see as unfair all you need to do is give me the time and day of the incident(even just the day) and i can find and look into it and deal with accordingly,thankyou
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Sponsored content

Room 4 errors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Room 4 errors   Room 4 errors Empty

Back to top Go down

Room 4 errors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MRC :: Servers :: Demo Servers-
Jump to: