MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets talk about FBM setups

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Malteser

Lets talk about FBM setups Empty
PostSubject: Lets talk about FBM setups   Lets talk about FBM setups Empty2016-12-28, 3:03 am

Didnt see any setup or subforum threads here so wanted to get some advice on some FBM setups.

I'll admit I'm struggling. I got into the high 13's/low 14's before an extended break over the summer and now I'm at best mid 14's unfortunately. My issue is I cannot find a 'fast' setup I like and I dont really have the time to spend hours fine tuning my own setup. I have been loaned some faster setups by drivers supposedly using KB & mouse like I am but the issue I have with them is they have no feel and are almost all loose on the rear so I'm always oversteering. As a result I have to use a more neutral setup which lacks speed but understeers a lot too. I can't attack corners or the car just goes straight on.

The other issue is consistency, especially the last corner. Some laps I can go through there in 4th gear but most laps even when seemingly on the same line, the car understeers and I have to slow down to 3rd gear. I'm probably losing 0.5-1 second on that croner alone.

So, is there any tips on setup for a KB & mouse user that isn't so loose on the rear? or what other tips can you guys give?
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about FBM setups   Lets talk about FBM setups Empty2016-12-28, 1:09 pm

i had literally 1000s of setups id collected over nearly 7 years but lost them due to hdd failure, what wing and anti roll settings do you currently use
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Malteser

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about FBM setups   Lets talk about FBM setups Empty2016-12-28, 5:59 pm

Currently 4º front and 6º rear. ARB is 13.0NM F & R.

I know the setup isn't a great one, but it's the only stable one I can find. It;s also about 3-4mph down on top speed, but this might be due to a poor speed through the first chicane. At present the inside wheel spins up a bit if I use the flat kerbs, i can reduce this by increasing the (power) diff lock, but then I understeer on the faster corners under power.

I've noticed a lot of the faster setups seems to have a high nose and a low rear, a reverse rake and a higher castor. I believe the higher caster is one of the big things that makes them seem twitchy and with no FFB wheel I have a hard time keeping the rear in check with a 'fast' setup.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about FBM setups   Lets talk about FBM setups Empty2016-12-29, 5:17 pm

id try 5-5 wing/downforce with 16rear 6 or 7front anti roll
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about FBM setups   Lets talk about FBM setups Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets talk about FBM setups
Page 1 of 1