MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[MRc] Event Livestream Planning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron X
Limad 1
Limad 1

[MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty
PostSubject: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 4:11 am

Hey! So I got to talking with Ricky earlier when I first hopped on the event server, I brought up the idea of live streaming our events, I offered to help design/set up the streaming platform but my poor internet means I can't stream myself.

So, to keep this to the point - what we need are the following

- A dedicated streamer, someone with a PC and internet sufficient to run a high quality stream, stable connection. This person isn't required to do anything more than host the stream and broadcast voicechat, more on that later. Obviously if they participate in the stream that is even better since that means the +1 to the server slots (limited in demo) is even better utilized.

- Commentators/Hosts I have already volunteered to commentate/host, I don't know how many we can actually have since the slots are limited but anyone with a good audio recording set up and charismatic microphone presence who can bring excitement to the stream would be awesome. I think if we were to "expend" another slot on a commentator two would be cool, I would be best as a "color commentator" meaning just for fun and to be extra hype about whatever is going on, the ideal match for a second would be a more analytical commentator, someone who knows stats, technical terms, who can really fill the broadcast with useful information to allow viewers to learn as they are entertained.

- Graphic designers, anyone can contribute, perhaps in the coming days we can update this thread with particular things we need to make the broadcast awesome and anyone who wants to help out and show off their awesome design skills is encouraged to do so.

- Obviously officiants, to make sure the race runs smoothly - these will most likely be covered but still worth listing in here in this little grocery list

- Twitch chat moderators, we need people who can help moderate twitch chat, if we somehow get popular in the broadcast as an almost esports event we will definitely benefit from a couple good dedicated mods to keep the chat fun and friendly.

- People to get the word out - we will be making a push for viewers and interest, we want as many people in the stream to get the MRc name out, as well as promoting LFS more publicly.

- Interviewers! It would be really cool to get some of the racers in on voice chat and do brief pre and/or post race interviews with various people, not even limited to just participants, hosts can probably do this but we can also have dedicated interviewers if we have people who want to do that

- General Twitch "Showrunners" meaning people that make sure the show goes on, probably select music and change scenes as needed etc, people to do the real work of putting on the show.

Okay so those were the things we need that I came up with in a quick brainstorm

Now, we also definitely need a great name for the thing

I was thinking we could call the channel itself MRcLIVE or something, short and simple, this would just be for twitch url - please post suggestions/ideas for this

Next we need a good name for the event series - I was thinking something like

MasterRaceCar Sunday Showdown Series or something, triple S alliteration, seems solid enough, please post suggestions/ideas on this one

I'll post this for now, will be back to add more in tomorrow as things come to me. Let's make this awesome MRc!

Wooo!
Back to top Go down
Baron X
Limad 1
Limad 1

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 4:12 am

Also please post any ideas/suggestions etc. you have for an MRc Event Livestream - ways we can make this thing AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Simon
Limad 3
Limad 3

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 12:35 pm

Great ideas mate.

I would try and keep the server slots used to 1/2 the commentators could use the live feed unless the server is not full then they could join after the start.

If the race slots are all full I think we would need atleast 3 admin on the server with 2 watching full time and 1 available to watch replays during the race.

Back to top Go down
Baron X
Limad 1
Limad 1

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 4:47 pm

How many total slots are available on a demo server? How many racers will be in each? So we can budget, the only reason I was thinking of having commentators actually occupying spaces is that Twitch has a delay, that means real-time comments aren't possible, also if a commentator notices an interesting fight somewhere else in the field than the stream is focused on they can point it out and the broadcaster can switch to it.

Depending how many we have in terms of slots and how many racers per heat we will have, given that information we can budget slots

Also, the other "roles" I had listed wouldn't be in spectator mode, they would all be watching the livestream and interacting via chat/discord etc, only broadcaster and potentially commentators if we can fit it in would be spectating in real time.

What are your thoughts on naming? We should come up with a name for the channel at least today so that I can create it and start working on layout/scenes for the stream and aim for potentially next week if we can test it amply and ensure it works stably and broadcasts in sufficient quality for viewers to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Simon
Limad 3
Limad 3

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 5:05 pm

I think its 15 slots with 12 available to race.
Back to top Go down
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
gemini 95

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Baron X
Limad 1
Limad 1

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-26, 10:13 pm

Just a quick mockup of a layout for stream -

[MRc] Event Livestream Planning REXseO
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty2018-01-27, 5:31 pm

good idea's. it is something that i had done years ago for our event races. It was not easy at the time as i was clueless and learning by trial and error
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Event Livestream Planning   [MRc] Event Livestream Planning Empty

Back to top Go down

[MRc] Event Livestream Planning
Page 1 of 1