MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inside overtake illegal?

Go down 
+6
Cla~
(Tom) TomTom
bish
Goat
skswat
sabbathian
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Is inside overtaking forbidden or not?
Yes
Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty21%Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty
 21% [ 3 ]
No
Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty79%Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty
 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
sabbathian

sabbathian

Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 3:21 pm

bish wrote:
as i said its a rule where certain conditions have to also be met..like you say you assummed that he would have braked to give room and maybe he assummed that you wouldve braked to give him the line which he was racing.

What to do in next situation like this one? go for an overtake/kick or drive behind and wait for the straights?

I dont see a kick as neccassary unless someone repeatadly done it and caused serious crashes and if was me in that situation id hold back then overtake at the next possible chance..With you being a good racer i know that you will already know that patience and tactics are also a good part of a race,

Also id like to add for anyones reference that this rule has been in use since 03/11/2011 on the fbm servers,just so no-one thinks its something weve just started
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 3:29 pm

If it was me in that situation i would hold back and wait for next available oppurtunity to overtake that was safer..being a good racer you will know that patience and tactics are just as important in a race

Also for anyone else reference this rule was in use from around the end of october 2011 and isnt something weve only recently implemented

Also like to add that other people only experienced in rally would not understand this as much as its a total different style of racing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 4:15 pm

Very interesting debate Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2784389376 to all

To some it is all about the win!

To me it is about being able to run side by side through every turn without taking each other out it is so Gratifying to be able to do this!

To me this is racing and to some how some way take this away from racing it would not be racing

The Goat
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 4:16 pm

for me its TL;DR Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
Cla~

Cla~

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 4:20 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the late answer but i totally forgot to post yesterday.

Anyway, after watching the replay, i think that both moves were bad, that turn is ( at least for me ) one of the hardest to do, you need to use the perfect line otherwise you are going out of the track, this is why i think overtaking there is not a great idea unless the guy ahead is much slower and gives room.

sabbathian wrote:
You can clearly see I was beside Jord in both cases,
but he did not make room... after second time, I got kicked... and when
I returned and started talking to him, he kicked me again...

I think Jord didn't make any room because as i said, thats not a turn where you can overtake, so maybe he thought that you were going to slow down and wait for a better moment. I do not agree on both kicks (especially the second kick, but I can't read the log, so i dont know what happened) , i would have warned you the first time explaining why it was a bad move, then get mad the second time (lol) then kick if you kept doing it.

In this case its not about a written rule (which actually exist ), but about common sense imho, you knew you were too fast for that turn , and your overtake would have ended with a contact , and as you should know since you are an experienced player, with FBM every little contact may cause the end of the race for someone, so you should avoid every aggressive move and have some patience and wait for a safe and good moment to pass other people.

So yea, i blame Jord for kicking you two times, but i do not absolutely agree with your moves.

Cla~
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 5:01 pm

good conclusion cla.

In may 2011 at the monaco gp louis hamiton was given a penalty for a similar incident with massa

Also id like to say how many of the voters actually even race fbm and also id like to say that whatever the results of the vote the rule has worked and been adhered to by many racers for the past 5-6 months and i would change it,if it was good enough for the FIA to have issued penaltys in the past to others then its a logical rule
Back to top Go down
OUTLAW

OUTLAW

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 9:20 pm

Thats help a lot... Wink

Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-23, 9:33 pm

outlaw that was very helpfull thank you

goat
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-24, 5:38 pm

okay new rule; stay at the order of the beginning and let all MRc Member pass... enough trolling Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 125769235

dont pass inside rule... is the most greatest bullshet i ever heard lol! Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2944839123

but sabbathian was this fair and let him pass again... fair Man Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 4033496702

@outlaw: IMPORTANT STUFF! Following a car into a turn u getting lower front downforce = less grip = Understeering

Switch-Back is my favorite move Smile works ultra-well at bl1/fbm Smile
Back to top Go down
OUTLAW

OUTLAW

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-24, 7:20 pm

[@outlaw: IMPORTANT STUFF! Following a car into a turn u getting lower front downforce = less grip = Understeering]

Thats A BIG TRUE m8 lol!
Back to top Go down
jord2012

jord2012

PostSubject: .   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-25, 3:15 pm

just to add , i didn't kick you the 2nd time , it was Xanti Smile , only following rules to how iv been taught how to race by bish Smile
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-25, 3:28 pm

jord2012 wrote:
just to add , i didn't kick you the 2nd time , it was Xanti Smile , only following rules to how iv been taught how to race by bish Smile

Its all behind us now Wink

See you on the track, and watch your inside Smile))
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-25, 5:41 pm

sabbathian wrote:
jord2012 wrote:

Its all behind us now Wink

See you on the track, and watch your inside Smile))

i would say so he likes the inside as i found this out yesterday lol!

all good though and had some fun

Goat = FSP_70GTO
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-29, 11:23 pm

Moved to "Live for Speed" section as it isnt real complaint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 11:38 am

JayVi wrote:
okay new rule; stay at the order of the beginning and let all MRc Member pass... enough trolling Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 125769235

dont pass inside rule... is the most greatest bullshet i ever heard lol! Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2944839123

but sabbathian was this fair and let him pass again... fair Man Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 4033496702

@outlaw: IMPORTANT STUFF! Following a car into a turn u getting lower front downforce = less grip = Understeering

Switch-Back is my favorite move Smile works ultra-well at bl1/fbm Smile

its not bulls**t when someone kills you this way in every race,you have to widen your understanding of inside overtaking, for example - if the car are side by side on entry to the corner then all is good its a battle between the two- 2nd example - you have the lead and are approaching the bend you slow to the correct speed for corner and go to take your line into the bend then BANG before youve hit the apex on the corner another racer seen the little gap and decided to try overtake you even though it obviously was going to either block your path causing you too hit him or him side swiping you and causing an accident..

Seriously its not hard to grasp what im saying- also remember the servers cater largely to new racers so without this in place it would be a major crash fest on every bend...

Also it comes down to patience-if the 2nd racer uses the brain they would take the bend proper and draft and overtake on the next straight(tactics)

In all fairness jay your a racer who just races without really seing what goes on the track and with you being fast its probably not that often you would encounter this..

whereas i see a lot of things while ive watched the servers for unbelievable amounts of time and see how it has improved saftey within races,this rule has been in use going back to last year and also hamilton was given a penalty at monaco gp last year for doing the same thing and hitting or clipping another racer
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 12:14 pm

I must say that after some thinking, I generally agree with Bish... cause many drivers online are simple new and slow, and are not used to "real" racing, and are not expecting someone on their inside.

Side by side racing and inside overtaking is mostly reserved for more experienced drivers, who know what mirrors are for and know what to expect when they have someone on their tail.

In those cases I'm going for it (much less then before:))... but now when I'm in the situation to do that, I first look at the driver in front of me, see if he is experienced or not, test him with going outside of racing line... and in most cases, let him go and wait for other, more safe opportunity.

Straight is the best position to overtake, and most guys use it for a simple and clean overtake, or overshoot cause of too much speed Smile
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 12:25 pm

(Totally agree with all) my !RT is taking a beating in the formula BMW server with no PB limit but i must admit i am having some fun dodging and missing the less EXP racers i even move to back after start just so no-one takes me out from behind and im now in controll of my own race and missing the wrecks and as a bonus i get points for best mover of race Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 4233136003

Goat
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 12:28 pm

FSP_70GTO wrote:
(Totally agree with all) my !RT is taking a beating in the formula BMW server with no PB limit but i must admit i am having some fun dodging and missing the less EXP racers i even move to back after start just so no-one takes me out from behind and im now in controll of my own race and missing the wrecks and as a bonus i get points for best mover of race Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 4233136003

I just wait for less experienced drivers to kill each other, and then its like clubbing baby seals Smile
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 12:38 pm

sabbathian wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:

I just wait for less experienced drivers to kill each other, and then its like clubbing baby seals Smile

BrutalInside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2322626082 but i still like side by side with exp racers each leaving room for otherInside overtake illegal? - Page 2 1685985038
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 12:41 pm

FSP_70GTO wrote:
sabbathian wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:

BrutalInside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2322626082 but i still like side by side with exp racers each leaving room for otherInside overtake illegal? - Page 2 1685985038

That is the biggest thrill Wink
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 12:45 pm

sabbathian wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:
sabbathian wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:

That is the biggest thrill Wink

Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2225864208 TOTALLY CORRECTInside overtake illegal? - Page 2 2225864208
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-04-30, 2:43 pm

sabbathian wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:

lol!

Also i find it hard to explain in short post and when i end up making big long post they confuse people.lol..but i knew once i explained the reasons behind it you would understand...

Blackwood track isnt really good for close blood pumping action,at the corners the road is either too thin or corners too sharp to allow good side by side racing when compared to other tracks
Back to top Go down
xyx
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
xyx

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty2012-09-25, 5:12 pm

hello 2 all & good race !

if you donĀ“t want to read just skip to link Razz

I read some of the posts and
when I saw where things going I decide to search some stuff on youtube.Someone allready post link to "rules of overtaking" but as allready was said rules can be allways interpreted diferently.For clean & safe racers things are not so hard to follow but I belive for the racers who think that they are alone on track and no one can pass them on corners things are not so easy (we all know what follows next if you are on track --> crash because guy next to you close the dors in front of your nose and make contact with your car than he spins due of lack of his skills and later on *%#!!''???***...... ).

here is just one example how to overtake by "give & take" rule which I belive is ONLY rule and all others overtakes CAN be penalized by race officials.

here is link to overtaking stuff :

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nxwn3OHkEw&feature=related

and here you can read about overtaking from OFFICIAL F1 site :

- http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_the_sport/5293.html

enjoy & sorry for my english Rolling Eyes

xyx
Back to top Go down
http://www.moulinrouge.fr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Inside overtake illegal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2