MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FBM,keep loosing the rear.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
N0RTHERNR0GUE
Limad 2
Limad 2

FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty
PostSubject: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2017-12-16, 2:54 pm

I constantly loose the rear on BL1,so I need some tips.All appreciated,thanks.
Back to top Go down
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
gemini 95

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2017-12-16, 7:03 pm

Try this set first:  Firestone_FBM

I think you drive with pedals, so just practice to gradually raise the throttle on exit of turn.

Maximum throttle you can apply without spin is (among other things) proportional to the difference between where your front wheels are facing vs. where the car is going.  

Therefore, you can slam the throttle sooner by making the turn as shallow as possible: outside curb --> inside curb --> outside curb on every single corner.
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-14, 3:38 pm

managed 1.11s 3 times in past 2 days and all i had changed was i previous had wheel turn compensation set to 0 and now set to 1.00 ., seems to make the corners a lot more tidy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
gemini 95

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-14, 3:41 pm

Nice, I noticed that you have improved quite a bit! I have the comp at 0.40
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-14, 8:48 pm

gemini 95 wrote:
Nice, I noticed that you have improved quite a bit! I have the comp at 0.40

thanks il give 0.40 a try and work my up from there, one thing that i do wrong a lot is a quite obvious thing and that is i need remember to go wide and cut into the corner as that seems to make a huge difference

Gemini you inspire me to get faster just the same as IMOL(think has or had most WR) had done. so thank you
Back to top Go down
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
gemini 95

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-14, 8:53 pm

You are on the right track (no pun intented), because for 1:11 you have to know what you are doing. And yes, its all about making the corners wide as possible, that way you can slam the gas earlier + carry speed through corner.
Happy to help and I only benefit when I get more challengers Wink
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-15, 7:56 pm

gemini 95 wrote:
You are on the right track (no pun intented), because for 1:11 you have to know what you are doing. And yes, its all about making the corners wide as possible, that way you can slam the gas earlier + carry speed through corner.
Happy to help and I only benefit when I get more challengers Wink

The good thing i like about you and dido_bmw is that you remain fair and will help others. One or two other fast racers seem to have got a arrogance with being fast and had thought that it meant they should be immune to many bad things

With dido_bmw (robert) we first had got off to a bad start and i was really wrong with my judgement on him which is rare for me. When i did actually get to know him i understood a lot more as he takes racing seriously in a sim and in real life. I wont say to much about his private life except he is a professional drift racer with the most beautiful bmw drift car i have seen and he is a really good guy like yourself

Have you tried any real life racing gemini as from what i have seen if your good in LFS it helps to be a good real life racer. 
LFS has had Valeriti bottas as an old time racer and F3 champion/racer Tristan cliffe aswell as many more

sorry for my BIG POST i am in one of my talkative moods Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
gemini 95

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-15, 10:07 pm

No worries you gotta release those drug fumes somehow Wink talking is one of the good options!

I had a 80cc go cart which I sold last summer since it was way too small and not driven for years. I only drove it for fun but didn't fall behind much by looking lap times from internet. My passion to turn wheel started when I was 4 I think. We had this wheel that centered like it was held by rubber bands. You can see it on that pic with me on the table lol. Good times
FBM,keep loosing the rear. Nyytty10
Back to top Go down
HappyD
Limad 3
Limad 3
HappyD

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-02-17, 8:16 am

Try this FBM_try this FBM,keep loosing the rear. 3510096238

Gemini said it best really lol cheers

Also, other things to note are racers driving styles as far as how hard or smooth you steer, braking, and acceleration and just as how Gemini said how your wheels are and what direction you are going. Other things i want to mention is the tecnical stuff like fps ranges and hardware you use as far as performance wise goes. I can go into the 200+ fps range but feel it really doesnt help me as i feel i misjudge corners and just different feel, i do pretty well in 100 fps as the human eye i belive is around 60-70 witch plays a toll how to attack the racetrack. Razz bounce

I've tried helping racers here and there on how to enter corners, reccomended gears works best ETC.

Im no PRO but it feels good when same racers who easily always did 1 14s - 1 15s lap time at blackwood in FBM, are doing good 1 13s and breaking into 1 12s thanks to some advice and a solid but sporty setup did to their speed Very Happy

But yes give a try, its solid balance you can be easy and still have the rear or you can attack harder and it'll do good also. FBM,keep loosing the rear. 2473281379
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-03-05, 4:21 pm

today managed to get 1.11.91 pb on a clean lap so improving a lot recently. Gemini it seems racing has been a thing for you for many years which shows with how well you drive
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-03-07, 4:21 pm

pb time now 1.11.79. i just need to get more consistent, i get more often 1.12.00-1.12.10s more my avg is now in 11s Smile . i think at the moment a few more changes to my setup will help. i need my set to have a little sharper steering while retaining the grip on the rear
Back to top Go down
gemini 95
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
gemini 95

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-03-07, 4:25 pm

Shocked wow You are improving alot, just couple tenths from the absolute top, amazing
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty2018-03-07, 4:49 pm

gemini 95 wrote:
Shocked wow You are improving alot, just couple tenths from the absolute top, amazing

thanks mate, Its only took me 8 years and over 110.000 laps in lfs to here Very Happy .My problem is certainly losing concentration most of the time, i am always looking for any obstacles ahead(people stopping on the track) and checking each racer who joins the server
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FBM,keep loosing the rear.   FBM,keep loosing the rear. Empty

Back to top Go down

FBM,keep loosing the rear.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MRC :: Servers :: Demo Servers-
Jump to: