MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to survive corner #1?

Go down 
+6
cristina22
bish
skswat
Mirio
Goat
helmet22
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
helmet22

How to survive corner #1? Empty
PostSubject: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-27, 7:18 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any "tricks" to make a safe start and survive 1st corner.

My problem is that i'm usually too cautious i guess ... maybe i leave too much space in front of me because i don't want to be surprised by early braking from someone in front of me. I also leave too much room on sides so people overtake me very easily on start. Although if i try more aggressive approach it ends up in crash too many times for my liking.

Do you have any advice how to make safe start and corner #1? I'm mostly driving FBM on BL GP track so maybe some specific advice would be much appreciated.

Helmet22
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-27, 7:36 pm

I know the feeling my way is i pull out of line and let all others go so they are all in the crash and i come thru after the crash and alot of times i end up in third in the race thru the first lap till they all catch up to me and pass me because im not as fast as them yet but getting there

The Goat
Back to top Go down
Mirio

Mirio

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 12:48 am

I don't know if there is a "rule" or something how to do it good.
I love to start from behind (and do so), because I am pretty good at overtaking there, but I have a lot of experience. I take every little room and overtake a lot of cars (without crashing of course, maybe minor contact but that's not that bad). Smile
The outside line is often pretty good to overtake safely.
Back to top Go down
http://alpha.omgforum.net/
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 1:01 am

My advice: strong bumpers, strong nerves and huge amount of luck.
Thats what you need to pass through T1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 2:07 am

the safest way id say is to hold back a little even if it means losing a posistion or two..one thing that il say not to do is go charging on the inside and cutting in on a racer at t1 and forcing him to take evasive action...its the old saying of a race isnt won at the first corner i guess and while they all have to brake sharply due to going into the bend faster it gives the chance to pick a path to overtake as they slowly build speed back up..

just as important as speed is patience- also most of the faster racers i know actually have fairly low number of races won on lfs due to them taking a more risky style
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
cristina22

cristina22

PostSubject: www   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 1:18 pm

my advice?...if you are a casual and cool down racer,just stay last in a full race and they gonna crash each other..6-7 of them...than you gonna see on chat...MF,SHHHHH,WTF lol! ..

its better to type !tm and if you see they are very much faster then you,just let them pass....luck is part of this game too and maybe you will win Laughing
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 2:45 pm

yeah and each race can need a different plan of driving as the people you race against change as people enter and leave the server continuously,

and what i find is important to myself is think ahead,if just say we are coming down the straight heading for t1 on lap 2 do i take the chance and try to overtake before t1 which is getting closer and risk making it tight when hitting t1,,no i wouldnt as it is a risk id stay behind the car infront through t1 and then draft them and overtake on the next straight.

if i would have overtook before t1 then they would have easily overtook me instead on the next straight..
Back to top Go down
helmet22

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 7:07 pm

Very good points made here, thank you all for advises.
I have to say i really enjoyed racing today on your server. There's been lots of clean racing, a couple of tight but clean fights, which doesn't happen often in LFS on full servers.

Thank you all,
Helmet22
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-01-28, 7:42 pm

your welcome mate,was a good few races and look forward to racing again,,
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-21, 10:37 am

One secret. To survive in first turn you must brake some earlier than others. Brake and turn left. Than when all crashes you turn right and accelerate as fast as possible. It said man who has rt 98 % How to survive corner #1? 127446590
Back to top Go down
RatRug

RatRug

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-21, 1:49 pm

I think when it comes to turn 1, as i start heading up the slight hill towards the corner, I try to analyse where everyone is, and what their move will be. If you can picture in your head what everyone's move will be then you can try to avoid crashes. Obviously this is easier when you know the people you are racing against.

If you see someone in the mirror heading down the inside, you know they just might not break enough. The people in front of you, you just need to keep an eye on them and think what they will do, if you touch and run wide, if you're close enough you can try to nip down the inside as long as no one is beside you.

I wouldn't say back off all the time as that could actually cause crashes, you just need to adjust each race, sometimes push, sometimes hold back. I think that can depend on where you start. If you start at the back, you're not going to get up to the top so holding back can be good.

It boils down to luck I guess really, and practice. Just try different techniques in different situations and that should help Smile
Back to top Go down
iBoone

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-21, 5:05 pm

I'm a noob and it sometimes feel I crash more times than not in T1, but maybe some of my ideas are useful as a catalyst for discussion if nothing else Smile

- when flying into the corner, try to not be directly behind someone, ie, have room in front. If you have a car directly in front you have to brake super early as it's not possible to react by braking when they brake.
- As you hit the braking point, I like to be near the left side. I look to the right and assess people's position. I pick the car who will end up directly ahead of me. That's my target. I try to time my braking and turn in so I pull in directly behind that car. Ideally everyone ends up in single-file for a fast t1 and run onto the straight.
- As you are braking, assuming nobody is directly on your right and especially if you're in first place, you want to move right to shut the door. Not aggressively, but if you don't be a bit assertive about it, you are leaving a giant opening for cars to get on the inside of you they may not be able to resist.
- As you hit the braking point, listen to the other cars to get a sense of their braking point. If you hear a car brake far too late, try to get out of their way. If it's somebody directly behind you, that may mean moving to the right a bit early to let them fly past on the left. If it's somebody to your right/rear, stay straight, let them fly past and then turn in and drive hard to repass them on the inside.

Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-21, 5:21 pm

go to T1 as fast and possible, then close eyes... and hope that you went 1st from the corner. Thats all. How to survive corner #1? 3004240196
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-21, 6:27 pm

Yes swat remember your style, newbie =) But can't understand how you get 1 08 00 =)

P.S. Can i join MRc now ? I decided problem with login. Today i set 1 08 48 in hotlap mod. Can share spr. Please if i can join write me letter at :

vitek.batishev@mail.ru

And say what i must do. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-21, 7:54 pm

Application is currently closed... How to survive corner #1? 3846944450
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-22, 8:43 am

But you said that i have chances =( I think when you perform cleaning of MRc you will have free place for new members. I see big part of MRc not play.
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-22, 11:28 am

• [MRc]Soldier01 -----> 4M 21d 2h 34m 45s ago
• [MRc]Moose Man -----> 4M 25d 12h 25s ago
• [MRc]Phil Jakarta Indonesia -----> 5M 3d 17h 34m 19s ago
• [MRc]RomeoX7 -----> 5M 5d 20h 49m 40s ago
• [MRc]iran -----> 6M 7d 19h 53m 23s ago
• [MRc]tobino -----> 6M 24d 21h 17m 3s ago
• [MRc]DZINIS LV A -----> 1Y 3M 6d 11h 12m 42s ago

These guys are inactive, but we should not kick Iran. And also dont know how about Soldier01.
But 5 almost 5 months is long time Smile need discuss with Sam about them.
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-22, 5:47 pm

Hello Swat how many members in MRc now ? Where can i get full list of members ?
One word about Soldier. Just watch his hotlaps and records online. He is second after Sam i think he must be in MRc forever.
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-22, 7:43 pm

Back to top Go down
JayVi
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-23, 7:42 am

How to survive corner #1? 2047402582

How 2 survive first turn, start from pits Wink
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-23, 1:36 pm

Swat, this list not full. It's list of current users ? Where is shatura ? MRc KEKS. Now i start watching this pages and i will say you about it.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-23, 1:55 pm

its only inactive members we need sort,all current active members are ok and its not all about hotlap times and laptimes.theres a few racers that are at the slower end of the scale but they make it up in there fairness and people skills
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-23, 1:55 pm

JayVi wrote:
How to survive corner #1? 2047402582

How 2 survive first turn, start from pits Wink

Top tip How to survive corner #1? 1685985038
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-23, 2:11 pm

Can i join ? I am active user. Made 2 hotlaps BL2 XFG 1 08 56 XRG 1 08 83 safety 88 % air attack servers 98 % I race every day have s1. CAN"T UNDERSTAND WHY APPLICATION CLOSED AND I CAN"T JOIN =(
Back to top Go down
Frunze118

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty2012-07-23, 4:28 pm

I made 1 08 71 on XRG SC1 35 07 =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to survive corner #1?   How to survive corner #1? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to survive corner #1?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next