MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens

Go down 
+4
Kromosoom
bish
skswat
Hurst1988
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hurst1988

Hurst1988

Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty
PostSubject: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-06, 2:26 pm

I've been kinda testing Live for speed for a long time and for the last month an a half i started racing more often, but part of what kinda delays me is ill be on a hot lap or in the middle of an online race, and bam lfs minimizes on me, i've tried to troubleshoot the program and even turned off everything when i ran it, happens no matter what i do, i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this, i would like to stop crashing in the middle of online races and have people yell at me to hit shift+s, i can't hit shift+s unless lfs is open and for about 4-10 seconds it takes me to re-open it and i spectate myself if someone hasn't already, i've taken out half of fields because of this problem, i'm also kinda known as a crasher (partly because not many people see me sometimes and i don't like to surrender my line, its a race, not a public highway) but i try hard and in practice can manage a 1.12's for a couple laps on spring 4 lap and 3 lap tests i do, this autominimize problem is just out of my category pretty much, i'm not very computer literate but i learn extremely fast, if i had a solution in front of me even though it would seem japanese i can figure it out, advice anyone????
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-06, 2:31 pm

>> Moved to "Help" section. <<

Maybe some other application is causing thig? ... Antivirus or something. Is is happening always in same track section and every race, or its random?
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-07, 4:28 am

Hurst1988 wrote:
I've been kinda testing Live for speed for a long time and for the last month an a half i started racing more often, but part of what kinda delays me is ill be on a hot lap or in the middle of an online race, and bam lfs minimizes on me, i've tried to troubleshoot the program and even turned off everything when i ran it, happens no matter what i do, i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this, i would like to stop crashing in the middle of online races and have people yell at me to hit shift+s, i can't hit shift+s unless lfs is open and for about 4-10 seconds it takes me to re-open it and i spectate myself if someone hasn't already, i've taken out half of fields because of this problem, i'm also kinda known as a crasher (partly because not many people see me sometimes and i don't like to surrender my line, its a race, not a public highway) but i try hard and in practice can manage a 1.12's for a couple laps on spring 4 lap and 3 lap tests i do, this autominimize problem is just out of my category pretty much, i'm not very computer literate but i learn extremely fast, if i had a solution in front of me even though it would seem japanese i can figure it out, advice anyone????

ok then here os go - first of all - how do you know that people are yelling Shift + S if lfs is minimized

2nd - you can keep you line in a race but if you then move to block with the exception of the one defensive move rule which is the same as used by the fia and one thing we dont allow is aggressive driving - its formula racing not daytona or banger racing

it sounds like a problem with in windows itself and probably an auto update about to start - i used to have quicktime doing a similar thing. in all honesty it would be better to fix the problem before racing even if it meant a new install of o.s because even if not caused directly by you after so many crashes it would have to ban for saftey
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Kromosoom

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-07, 11:29 pm

I have a Win 7 64bit and it happens to me too. Not during the race, but before I'm entering the server. Mine problem is that, if I let Firefox open, then it happens. As I understand you have turned everything off, but still this happens, then I don't have any solutions.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-08, 5:47 am

im running windows 7 64bit and only ever had the problem when quick time tried to update, best thing he could do is when it next happens is too alt+control delete and open task manager and see whats running - it could be that somethings trying to update in silent mode where as it wont bring a notification up but still could minimize a program
Back to top Go down
handi

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-08, 5:58 am

I'm assuming you're running an unlicensed copy of Windows, or a burned copy in other words. Whenever the activation bubble pops up while LFS is running, it will minimize LFS, and at the same time deactivate the bubble.

Either register the copy of windows, disable Windows Update,
or:
hit Windows Key+R, type services.msc, scroll down and double-click on 'Software Protection', set the startup type to 'Manual', then hit Disable.

edit// i'm not responsible for anything that happens to your computer
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-08, 8:39 am

handi wrote:
I'm assuming you're running an unlicensed copy of Windows, or a burned copy in other words. Whenever the activation bubble pops up while LFS is running, it will minimize LFS, and at the same time deactivate the bubble.

Either register the copy of windows, disable Windows Update,
or:
hit Windows Key+R, type services.msc, scroll down and double-click on 'Software Protection', set the startup type to 'Manual', then hit Disable.

edit// i'm not responsible for anything that happens to your computer

good thinking mate never thought of that

if my team mate is correct then im gonna tell gareth gates ohh errm i mean bill gates,. lol - only joking
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-08, 12:00 pm

take a hammer, smash your PC as hard as you can. Go to store, buy new one... install LFS.
This manual should fix issue.

Glad I helped.
Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens 2322626082 Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens 4252452532
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-07-08, 9:37 pm

skswat wrote:
take a hammer, smash your PC as hard as you can. Go to store, buy new one... install LFS.
This manual should fix issue.

Glad I helped.
Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens 2322626082 Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens 4252452532

big lol! lol! thats my kind of remedy
Back to top Go down
Hurst1988

Hurst1988

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-08-04, 2:01 am

i do not have a burned copy of windows, i have windows 7, i got rid of avg thinking it was the issue, the issue happens less but still occurs, i checked my processes and the only other thing running is logitech wingman event monitor, i close it but still happens, having really been racing online other than to see if it still happened, once it does i try to shut down the program to not wreck anyone very very quickly, i'm just gonna keep logging through ideas and figure it out, i have a 2.0 dual core hp laptop from 2007, and everything is up to date, i have checked over 15 times, its up to date, i don't have a burned copy wouldn't even be able to tell ya how to do it, bought this computer from the store as is, had a minor malfunction sent it in, hp fixed it no charge, other than that no real issues, i not real good with computer but i learn real quick, thank you all for the ideas, other than smashing my computer, ill do that when i get a new one Smile
Back to top Go down
iMarX

iMarX

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-08-04, 7:46 am

Something like that happens to me to, my game minimize and maximize by itself in split second,its really annoying because i loose all control for a fjew seconds. i don't use other programs while playin. and my pc spec are good. i have i7 3ghz 8cores. 8gbram 2gb video card. i also have big problem with fps, i usually get 20 fps. sometimes it gets up to 100+ but usually i have 20. what could be the problem ? ps: i might have heating problems, would it cause it all ?
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-08-04, 3:26 pm

ive had it happen once recently and it was quicktime asking to update,a good idea is to run a task manager that records the usuage and when happens again it can be checked if anything had started to run
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-08-05, 1:08 pm

yes this can be the problem some programs like adobe and other software is tring to auto update it would be good to set all to manual update
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-08-07, 3:37 pm

Im running on Vista (dont laugh so hard Razz ) and never had this kind of issue. It will probably interrupted by some other external software. Not LFS itself.
Try turn off all software that you dont need to keep windows running, also softwares running in background like checking for updates, etc etc....

Also you can try clean and sort of PC with TuneUp utilities. There are many features which are good for your PC. Also contains process manager, startup manager where you can disable programs which are not needed to start when windows startup.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty2012-08-07, 3:54 pm

Vista Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens 2012371633 okay enough jokes Very Happy

i had some problems on XP with anti-vir and zonealarm, but i changed 2 Win7 64Bit Version and all works fine.

Anti-Vir's auto update without asking the user is/was(?) Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens 2871910706
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens   Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens Empty

Back to top Go down

Auto Minimize Problem, Causes me to wreck and randomly happens
Page 1 of 1