MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucane

Lucane

Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty
PostSubject: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-19, 9:32 pm

I feel bad about posting this as he seemed like a nice guy otherwise, but I believe this should at least be discussed, if nothing else. Of course no-one will ever believe that lap time he did, but it's still unfair to have him on top of the list. I probably also messed something up and it isn't a big deal at all, but I have to be sure.

Lap: 0:30.67 @ BL1 w/ FBM
LFSW: Jatimc

Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Lfs_0010

He explained it with doing it on BL1 with bridges, but I don't believe it would count as a legitimate lap if it had been on a modified track. WR still stands at 1:11.69 (I don't know if only hotlaps are counted there).
Also, I wasn't sure to either put it in here or in the "Complaints & Compliments", but it seems more fit here.

Thanks for any feedback!
Back to top Go down
Falcon
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 12:10 pm

If that is the !tm list, which it looks like it is, that time was probably not made on a MRc server. The time was probably made on a server which allows that and it was probably a long time ago (I remember seeing Jati with that time close to a year ago at least, I think).
Back to top Go down
Lucane

Lucane

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 12:38 pm

It was made in October 2010. And yes, I have the same feeling it wasn't made on a MRc server, but is it generally acceptable to use unfair advantage (e.g. bridges over the track) to get a better time, even if it was made on a server that allows this? That's what I'm wondering.

He has a lot of races behind his belt and all of his other times are well within the normal standards, therefor I don't believe this is ban-worthy anyways, but I'm just wondering is it acceptable by the "regulations system".
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 1:59 pm

check !tb or !top... there some strangers that didnt belong at top 10-20^^

but dont worry he cant drive faster then 12.7 ^.^

and its not ban-worthy... otherwise we had surely banned sunshine for his nubbish 32sec time lol!

Greetz JayVi
Back to top Go down
Lucane

Lucane

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 3:51 pm

That's that then. Thanks for clarifying, but one has to wonder... if a person does 1:12.50 (for example), he's already below the 1:13.50 mark and is MRc material, sorta say. So where do the laughs end and throwing punches begin? Sure, no-one will believe that one could do 0:30.67, but they sure will believe that the person did 1:12.50 - it's this what I'm wondering.

If a person does a believable time with bridges (and doesn't draw any suspicion), is it still considered fair?
Back to top Go down
JayVi
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 4:15 pm

u mean something like a low 1.12? just for qualifiying for a team, because he couldnt make it? Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 113209097 we checking our new "application" budies for fairness, skill and personality before we accept them 2 the family.
(Sidekick at current application which are still open) Wink

otherwise if u check his stats and see 22sec 1st sector or 29.5 2nd sector u can Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 2012371633 at him.

and no its not fair... when i remember when i started playing and improving my old pb and tryhard to beat again u gain a much higher reward then HERP DERPING with a 30-32 sec lap with help of bridge.

by the way i can smell fishy guys with fake pb/tm times lol! because the have allways the biggest balls and mouth on the track and blaming everyone else for his own faults. BEAUTIFUL! Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 3632373061

Greetz JayVi
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 5:21 pm

Today I had a guy on track with pb..: 1.11.06...lol

On track he could not even drive 1.14....lol

Very nice....some of these .... pbs... lol!
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 5:28 pm

Im fieghting every day to get a better pb...!

My pb now is..1.13.30...

A lot of guys are faster than me anyhow.....

But Im proud to make my pb without any ...*cheater*...software....

So..Il keep on fieghting for my 1.12......

BUT ON THE LEGAL WAY!!!!!
Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 3632373061
Back to top Go down
Lucane

Lucane

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-20, 5:47 pm

MrcTomTom wrote:
Im fieghting every day to get a better pb...!

My pb now is..1.13.30...

A lot of guys are faster than me anyhow.....

But Im proud to make my pb without any ...*cheater*...software....

So..Il keep on fieghting for my 1.12......

BUT ON THE LEGAL WAY!!!!!
Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 3632373061

The same principle is the one for me as well. Cheating/hacking only makes the game less fun and reduces the longevity of it by a huge margin. I've cheated on several singleplayer games in the past (and in a few online games Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 3846944450, but let me assure you that it had more than a negative effect on me - but some people learn from their mistakes, right?) - if I cheat nowadays, it's only in SP games and only when I think that the game is dead for me (to squeeze the last bit out of it before I leave it in the dark forever).

And hey, my PB is 1:16.62 so don't be disappointed Wink
Back to top Go down
Jati

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-21, 8:24 pm

Oh s**t poor Jatiboy is crossfire again Razz

Well the time is made like i said by the layout blackwood track where was shortcuts and those "bridges" (Ramps). cannot remember the name of server, but it was not mrc server, if i remember right it was the time when lfs got new versions of the game. 0.61A 0.6B etc.

And if you go look my lfs stats at lfsworld.com you'll see i got 10.6 1st split but im missing the 2nd one due the shortcut.

I think that my 30 sec time is too fast for cheats & tweaks, gravity hacks etc. maybe if u got teleport hack Razz What i've seen, hackers can go below 1 min if they are "good" but not 30...

If you are telling me to delete that time answer is no! then i'll miss all the fun hehe.

P.S Sorry Lugano for letting u down.
Back to top Go down
Lucane

Lucane

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-21, 8:44 pm

Not telling you to delete your time - didn't think it was anything serious in the first place. You didn't let anyone down, all cool. I hope you're not holding a grudge against me and it was good of you to remember my real name "Lugano" (or was it "Laguno"?) - I'm not from "The Blue Lagoon" FYI Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) 4255744582 Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Jati

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-21, 8:55 pm

Hehe np u cool guy 2 Smile
Back to top Go down
JayVi
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty2012-08-22, 11:30 am

Jati wrote:
Oh s**t poor Jatiboy is crossfire again Razz

U're teh BADBOY afro lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)   Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything) Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Discuss Insane Lap Time (and What Should Be Done, If Anything)
Page 1 of 1