MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ridiculous ban system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kabo

Ridiculous ban system Empty
PostSubject: Ridiculous ban system   Ridiculous ban system Empty2012-11-10, 9:43 pm

Hello! I'm a new player to LFS, and I've been playing in your servers quite a lot.

The only problem I have there is the voting system. It's just completly stupid. People will kick/ban someone all the time, just for a slight touch (like drivers get banned from races IRL for that).
And obviously, once a vote is started, all the other drivers in the server will just press 1 because they obviously couldn't see what happened. How fair is that? I've seen people get banned for no reason at all.

For me, this is really ruining the server. Appart from the fact that I'm currently banned because an idiot couldn't drive near me and crashed, I hate the fact that people are getting banned "for fun".

Really, if you could find a solution to this, it would really enhance all the server experience.
Back to top Go down
Cla~

Cla~

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous ban system   Ridiculous ban system Empty2012-11-11, 3:41 am

Hello kabo!

If you feel that you've been banned for no reason, feel free to post here on which server and approximately at what hour it happened, so our Admins can check the logs/replay and unban if needed.

About people voting for little hits or for no reason , yea i also noticed that and it's quite annoying sometimes, it just needs one guy who says : "Press 111!11!!!!" and then everyone votes without knowing what actually happened. It is possible to remove this option, but then if there are no Limad / Supad checking the servers, people would be unable to do anything against real crashers or cheaters , and as you could imagine this could be even worse. Think what happens if a bunch of kids join one of our servers with the only intention to start the caos, they would be able to do whatever they want because none could stop them Very Happy

Cla~
Back to top Go down
kabo

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous ban system   Ridiculous ban system Empty2012-11-11, 1:34 pm

Hello Smile

Yes that's very true! What I thought about, if you don't mind me making a suggestion, is giving some administrator rights to the highest ranked player on the server if there are no admins online (I actually don't know if this is possible in LFS, didn't look if scripts exist or not?). In case what you said happens, he will be able to take care of the problems without the downsides of voting.

Obviously the problem here is abuse by those players, but high-ranked drivers should know how to use these "powers".

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous ban system   Ridiculous ban system Empty2012-11-11, 1:54 pm

I think MRc have enough admins, but must understand, that this is also just hobby for us and noone is paid for being online on servers like on shifts with 24/7 coverage. There is not possible to have all the time someone on server.

Your idea to make someone with high rank an limited admin will be pointless, because he also is offline and there can be also gap when noone will Online from MRc admins and this "external" admins. Also cant make admin everyone. It could make even more worse situations with kicking/banning people from servers by drivers which are not even in a team.
Many admins is same bad option than none admin I think. We as MRc have around 100 admins and I think its more than enough. Smile

Would be good to have voting for kick/ban allowed just for example for drivers with minimum 80% of rate, or at least 5000 points on server, but I have no information about this feature in our tracker yet.

Only way how we can handle it now, is this forum. I know that its annoying if some bunch of stupid kids ban you from server for nothing.
Please write here as you did now and ask for unban and in the best case, attach link with uploaded replay so we can valid your complain.
If everything will OK, we will unban you ASAP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
Formula 1

Formula 1

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous ban system   Ridiculous ban system Empty2012-11-12, 12:06 am

kabo wrote:
Hello Smile

Yes that's very true! What I thought about, if you don't mind me making a suggestion, is giving some administrator rights to the highest ranked player on the server if there are no admins online (I actually don't know if this is possible in LFS, didn't look if scripts exist or not?). In case what you said happens, he will be able to take care of the problems without the downsides of voting.

Obviously the problem here is abuse by those players, but high-ranked drivers should know how to use these "powers".

What do you think?
Not all the admins can check logs if there are some admin in the room and this happen just write here and Supads will check everything just put the server where you was and time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous ban system   Ridiculous ban system Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous ban system
Page 1 of 1