MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More long races in MRc Demo servers

Go down 
+3
DF_Fabi
iBoone
vitaly_m
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vitaly_m
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
vitaly_m

More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty
PostSubject: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-11-27, 7:19 pm

Here I want to start discussion about the way to make more long-term races in Demo servers.

Some people like sprint races(say 10 to 25), some like short 3-lap races and I am sure that some like to drive non-stop whole the day. But hey, our difference in tastes can be resolved in making more than 1 server for every car type, which we already have. Below I will talk about FBM server in particular, but I hope that we can some time later apply this things to another servers.

I came here just because I often meat people who really want(and skillful enough to do so) to have more laps in race, but just can't join championships or seek events all around the web... Or if he can, it is not enough of them Smile

• We can just make one of 3 FBM servers to have auto-events say 3 times a day (it is needed due to difference in timezones). Say we can just make 2 races (with about 10 laps each) every 8 hours on Formula BMW #2 server.

• Another way is voting for lap count on one of the servers. It may be difficult to implement, but can solve a problem too. Imagine that every user just can write something like "!laps n", where n is the number of laps he want(we should set reasonable limits). Then server counts average of the votes and sets number of laps accordingly.

Of course, on such races RT (safety rate) should be high (I personally think about 90+).

All I am talking about is just long races, not some championship thing that takes much work on behind over and over. You can call it "Training events" or "Junior events" or anything not too loud.

If my ideas are not suitable, please try to find another ways to have longer races. Thanks and good race!

Sorry if I started the topic in the wrong place. And sorry again for my English.

Last edited by vitaly_m on 2012-11-27, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just correcting my stupid english)
Back to top Go down
iBoone

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-11-27, 10:57 pm

Yes! This is an awesome idea. I like the idea that 3x a day there is a longer race. 20 laps or so would really be a new challenge in contrast to trying to bang out 3 fast laps without a spin.
Back to top Go down
DF_Fabi

DF_Fabi

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-05, 2:25 pm

That would be nice! I like large races Smile

at other servers they drive every sunday a 25 lap race. It makes a lot of fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Michal
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Michal

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-05, 2:59 pm

What about FBM race for 93 laps? (F1 305 km race length) More long races in MRc Demo servers 1662243607
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-05, 4:15 pm

hi guys...

90% of the racers are not even able to race 2 laps without a crash.....

How will they race over 90 laps...???

With 90 crashes...???

Good idea...but than we need a server-lock from 1.14....

If not....we will have all crashers there.......

IMPOSSIBLE... lol!..........PS:

Even the fast drivers are mostly not the fairest......

because they drive at their limit and dont care for others....
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-05, 6:25 pm

93 laps with the pirelli tyres... have fun lol!
Back to top Go down
vitaly_m
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
vitaly_m

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-12, 8:30 am

I totally agree about 1.14 lock. Also good value for RT is 90 or even 95.
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-13, 4:00 pm

good idea but id say it would be best to do once a day or even maybe a couple of times but with break inbetween.

id also say the same it would be best with either or both a pb lock and !rt lock. id say this would be best to have on the formula bmw 2 server as it has a pb lock on anyway and the !rt think can be aslong as over a certain amount or seing or even if its ok with sam we could password it for the duration which if you wanted to do a race for example 20 laps would take approx 22-30 minutes then if wanted 30 mins qualifying,that would take it up to an hour

i think aslong as we are not going to be disruspting a server which gets busy (only seems to fill up when myself or another member there) then it would be ok for short periods of the day

what we do need to do is decide a time or times and what day to start, also the format of race. lap race or timed race (20laps or 30minutes) and if qualifying
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
vitaly_m
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
vitaly_m

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-15, 6:04 am

ye, bish, I (and looks like TomTom too) agree about both !rt and !pb lock.

My opinions about schedule:

About length of race, I think it should be 19 laps (so it is 62.7 km like in real FBM where it is 60 km).

Also, like in real FBM we can have 2 times a day race. (we need more than 1 due to timezones, so at least 2 for start ).
Back to top Go down
Michal
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Michal

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-21, 2:44 pm

Yesterday I tried to do that 93 laps long race with FBM at [MRc] Hotlapping server...

It was really interesting. Smile More long races in MRc Demo servers 2225864208

Car was very hard to handle and I lost concentration in few moments, but I finished without damage in total time 1h 56:43.230. Surprised
I was still changing periods "keep tires cold" and "push as hard as you can". Tires were amazing after lap 30 until front left tire defect 1 lap before planned pitstop. Neutral

2nd part of the race was very hard for me, because I was tired. It was really annoying, but the most important thing is that I wasn't bored Wink

Laptimes graph Smile
More long races in MRc Demo servers RD_Laps

I think that !pb lock at 1:14 and !rt lock at 90% is optimal Smile

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS SPECIAL EVENT? Question
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-21, 3:36 pm

Hi guys....

Mabe 1.14..and 90..RT..is a little to hard..

Mabe set the pb little up..and RT 80...

Because I see every day that the worse drivers got the highest RT...lol...

Unfair and to agressive.....

Mostly guys with lower..RT are the more fair drivers....
Back to top Go down
Michal
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Michal

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty2012-12-21, 8:42 pm

What about PB 1:15 and RT 80?
It could be ok?

BTW: Today I did it again and find an interesting fact:
"Tire defect will come earlier than you expect." Mad More long races in MRc Demo servers 4255744582 More long races in MRc Demo servers 2871910706

Laptimes graph for comparison:
More long races in MRc Demo servers RD_Laps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More long races in MRc Demo servers   More long races in MRc Demo servers Empty

Back to top Go down

More long races in MRc Demo servers
Page 1 of 1