MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

annoying driver

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
helmet22

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: annoying driver   annoying driver Empty2012-02-11, 8:25 am

I'm reporting an annoying driver ([HC]TEAMtmMITSU). I guess some warning should be in order.
The attached is replay of not spectating after causing crash on the start of the race and being annoyance to racers (watch attached replay from 3:30 to 4:00).

mediafire.com/?i8vq31e8zx4jzsn

Sorry for extra work, but when no MRc people are online the servers are a bit too chaotic. Maybe regular reporting would change that.

Helmet22

P.S.: sorry for not making it a link, when it was made as a link, it added ad.ly and some link before medifire. Not sure why that happened.
Back to top Go down
cristina22

cristina22

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: www   annoying driver Empty2012-02-11, 8:53 am

ya helmet22...you are right...send a pm to swat to loomk at replays and log....he is gonna twist this in his way and will say is your fault and ban you lol!

sorry.i decide i m not gonna do any action on server.will be ok.swat is gonna bring good limads and wach races from now
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: annoying driver   annoying driver Empty2012-02-11, 6:33 pm

Hi Helmet22,

I'll check the situation and replay and we will try perform some correction Smile

Cristina@ Dont be sarcastic, allright?
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: annoying driver   annoying driver Empty2012-02-12, 1:29 am

ive banned him for 7 days and truefully think it deserves a lot bigger ban but would like others view on length- ive never seen someone doing something so stupid as to crash then reverse around the track

@helmet22 thanks for reporting this mate - and sorry i couldnt get to check it out sooner
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
helmet22

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: annoying driver   annoying driver Empty2012-02-12, 4:51 am

Thank you Bish.

I would suggest against excessive time bans.
Let me explain why: if someone is banned for long periods, he will most probably find community and friends elsewhere. And it may happen that the person is otherwise great player or person, he just made a mistake of doing something stupid or had a "silly half hour" or smth.
In my view it's MUCH more important that the players know that even if no MRc members are online, they WILL get reported and they WILL get short term ban. These short bans and encouraged reporting of violations by regular players would do much more to establish MRc servers as "don't make a mess here" place to race.

I would propose 24-48 hour bans. I think 12 hour ban is ineffective, people mostly play once a day, so they can afford to take those bans, as their next session is probably 23 hours away. 24-48 hour ban would mean max 2 days without your servers and that's enough to think twice next time before doing something stupid, but short enough so people return to their "base".
For known repeat offenders and deliberate crashers i'd propose progressively longer term bans.

Of course i realize that encouragement of reports on violations means more work for admins, but in the long term it would help as LFS has small community and the news would soon spread. You could also provide some sort of template like:
Link to replay: ___
Name of offender: ___
Time of offence1: ___
Time of offence2: ___
That would make reviewing posts easier

---------

TL;DR version: encourage people to report incidents but make bans short to keep the player base.

Helmet22

Back to top Go down
bish
bish

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: annoying driver   annoying driver Empty2012-02-12, 5:15 am

yeah i agree to an extent- if it was crashing and not spectating then i would agree with 48 hour ban but seing as he starts reversing around the track thats a little more bad,if he was banned for that offence for only 48 hours it would send out a wrong message and also the racer in question races the servers very infequent about once or twice a week so it wouldnt be a burden on him to be banned for 48 hours.

i agree with using short bans for little offences.

And very good idea about showing a template that would make it a lot easier and if others agree maybe something be put in place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Sponsored content

annoying driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: annoying driver   annoying driver Empty

Back to top Go down

annoying driver
Page 1 of 1