MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inside overtake illegal?

Go down 
+6
Cla~
(Tom) TomTom
bish
Goat
skswat
sabbathian
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Is inside overtaking forbidden or not?
Yes
Inside overtake illegal? Empty21%Inside overtake illegal? Empty
 21% [ 3 ]
No
Inside overtake illegal? Empty79%Inside overtake illegal? Empty
 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
sabbathian

sabbathian

Inside overtake illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-22, 9:27 pm

Hi guys,

Some of you might know me as Husaberg... others as AA SaBbA, but I registered here cause I got kicked twice today by your limad Jord, cause of "no inside overtaking rule".

I usually have over 92% RT on your servers, PB 1:12:78 and I`m driving daily on MRc servers....

Here is the replay:

http://speedy.sh/GGFkU/BL1-race-3L-0R-0F-4.mpr

You can clearly see I was beside Jord in both cases, but he did not make room... after second time, I got kicked... and when I returned and started talking to him, he kicked me again...

http://speedy.sh/ddsr9/BL1-race-3L-0R-0F-5.mpr

I`m apologizing to Jord if I am faster than him and he cant take it... but applying no inside overtaking rule has nothing to do with racing.... in that case, no overtaking in the turn after the straight, no overtaking on T1.... guess I should simply let Jord win everytime we are "racing"...
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-22, 9:45 pm

I never heard about that rule. This rule is totaly without any sense. How you should overtake car infront of you then?
For me it was unfounded kick as I dont see anything bad on replays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-22, 9:53 pm

skswat wrote:
I never heard about that rule. This rule is totaly without any sense. How you should overtake car infront of you then?
For me it was unfounded kick as I dont see anything bad on replays.

Thank you, but as Jord said... take it to the Supads Wink
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 9:37 am

To whom it may concern in defence of MRc Jord https://masterracecar.forumactif.com/t448-overtaking-guide

this is his bases for his discision it is all in how one reads into this for which there can be many different interputations.

this is confussing to me to 1/2 way on inside has right away but if you dont complete the pass on exit it then gives right away back to outside?

to me allways leave room if you know a car is beside you even if its just the nose of car leave a lane for the other allways. For me makes for good side by side racing and earns respect, from others to race the same plus it does make you proud that you just made it through turn side by side cleanly with out taking each other out Inside overtake illegal? 3510096238

it is give and take which ever you choose most of the time it is better to give than to takeInside overtake illegal? 3615347776

The Goat
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 9:47 am

I never rode that overtaking rules Razz
Inside overtake illegal? 1547219295
Anyway if some car is next to me, I won't push him outside of track just because he isnt 1/2 of car side infront of me. Its pretty hard to watch this thing during driving in 150km/h for example. Inside overtake illegal? 945058907
If we would apply these rules 100% there almost would not be possibility to overtake other car.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 10:02 am

skswat wrote:
I never rode that overtaking rules Razz
Inside overtake illegal? 1547219295
Anyway if some car is next to me, I won't push him outside of track just because he isnt 1/2 of car side infront of me. Its pretty hard to watch this thing during driving in 150km/h for example. Inside overtake illegal? 945058907
If we would apply these rules 100% there almost would not be possibility to overtake other car.

I agree with you there Swat : just had to back M8 Jord up on this (so you can see how confussing this can beInside overtake illegal? 945058907 )

Goat
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 10:56 am

yes, sure... he can say he follow rules. But I dont know anyone else who follow this Very Happy
Its just free demo racing, not PRO S2 event, so I think we should not be so strict about rules like these.
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:08 pm

Simple question... who is right?

Me driving like everyone else or Jord applying rules that no one else applies?

Should I continue driving the way I drive, or should I drive by Jords rules? I guess you should have an unique answer to this, cause if every limad has his own set of rules, then there are no rules...

So again, final question for supads... is inside overtaking forbidden or not?
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:15 pm

I set voting in here, but for me its not forbidden. Because you lose almost all ways how to overtake.
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:22 pm

For the overtaking guide i stand by it %100 but it has to be taken as a guide only as there are situations whereas the overtaking on inside is ok.For example if the cars enter the bend and the inside car is at least half a car length beside it then its ok and also if the car on the outside has already took a wide path on the bend then the insides free..I dont think a kick is necassary for when someone doesnt adhere to it - on the first occasion they should be told of it then the reason to why its best,then thereafter if someone keeps doing it then its up to there discretion..

That guide is a good guide and has been used since i started on the mrc fbm servers and once everyone had learned off it they have agreed that its good and stops much of the chaos..ive had a good few of the guys tell me from AA that on blackwood there is only really 2 places good for overtaking and 1 other where can be if possible...

If pushing for an overtake on the inside on bends then 9/10 times the car on the outside will be forced off the track.

A track without rules or guidelines is a chaotic server with many crashes and using the guidelines as made many racers improve and many of them being the newer racers,.il watch the replay and see the exact curcumstances in which it happened

As i state earlier on this message the guidelines have been used for a long time and anyone thats used the server before knows of these and have not had issuses with them
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:31 pm

When ever Im going on on the inside, I take care to leave room for the guy beside me, cause I know he has to pass clean too. Sure, Ill loose some of my speed, but that is small sacrifice for safety. Ive had some of the best duels with side by side racing, when both drivers were aware of each other and giving enough room to one another.

If MRc has no inside overtake rule, Ill drive by those rules... I just want for all of supads to agree on one rule Wink
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:32 pm

in the replay 3f_or_of_4 thats shows a classic example of why overtaking on the inside isnt good on bends,as that would of left no direction for him to go but on the outside,and forces them off there line,im watching other replay now
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:33 pm

Myself and MRc cla are the main supads on fbm and both agree by the overtaking rule and stand by it and the reasons why we use it
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:34 pm

Thank you for your reply Bish Wink Ill drive by those rules then Wink

See you on track Wink
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:37 pm

sabbathian wrote:

See you on track Wink

No probs mate and thankyou for your patience,if you were kicked for this then accept my appologys as i know you are a fair racer and i know if it had been explained proper you would have followed it,take care mate
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:39 pm

bish wrote:
sabbathian wrote:

See you on track Wink

No probs mate and thankyou for your patience,if you were kicked for this then accept my appologys as i know you are a fair racer and i know if it had been explained proper you would have followed it,take care mate

My only problem is that I come from servers where side by side racing was normal practice and so was inside overtaking... So I just continued the way I used to.

Also, my appologies to Jord if I overreacted in the first post.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 1:44 pm

Its no problem mate and maybe the fault is on my part as racers that regulary use the servers know this but how are new racers on the server too know this,i will get it added to the rules....like i say though there are circumstances where it is allowed and thats if for example you car is half a car length at the side on entering the bend then its the outside car who should give way and also if the outside car takes a wide line and leaves the inside open.which i guess what you used too
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 2:24 pm

Hi guys !

I know sabbathian from AA and can say hes one of the fairest and best drivers I know !

No doubt about it!

I think everthing was properly a big missunderstanding !

So NP......... Inside overtake illegal? 2473281379
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 2:45 pm

yeah i agree he is also a fair and good driver

Heres a reference from an overtaking guide for anyones future reference

Overtaking

If you are passing someone on the inside while entering a corner you must have your car at least half way along side the other car to have the right of way.
If you try to pass around the outside then exiting the corner you must be fully along side the other car, otherwise they are entitled to take the normal racing line, which may include pushing you wide
In the event that they do start take you wide, you should ease off the throttle and fall back behind the other car as safely as possible. While this is not encouraged, many drivers try to push others wide to gain an advantage.

Overtaking on a straight is the safest place to do so. Using a drivers slipstream to gain more speed then pulling out at the last minute to take the place. This is allowed but drivers should always be aware of others when making these moves. Drivers should also allow extra time for breaking when entering a corner at a higher speed.

quoted from
http://forum.liveforspeed.se/viewtopic.php?p=3339#3339
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 2:51 pm

Im confused again Smile

"If you are passing someone on the inside while entering a corner
you must have your car at least half way along side the other car to
have the right of way
."

In my replays, both time I was completely beside him Wink
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 3:04 pm

as i said earlier if your cars half way at side on entering the corner then its ok aslong as its its at the same time that car number 1 is at entry and not if car 1 is already on the bend and then car number 2 then shoots to the inside,il see what the replay shows
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 3:05 pm

bish wrote:
as i said earlier if your cars half way at side on entering the corner then its ok aslong as its its at the same time that car number 1 is at entry and not if car 1 is already on the bend and then car number 2 then shoots to the inside,il see what the replay shows
ofc, going into someone is not fair... same as bouncing off of someone....
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 3:08 pm

yeah i agree with you on that instance-if anything the braking from jord was rather early which then gave you the inside but it would of been more better if you had of held back and avoided contact then overtook on the the straight where start/finish line is

I know it wasnt intentional contact and i know that if jord knew you he wouldve known aswell
Back to top Go down
sabbathian

sabbathian

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 3:16 pm

bish wrote:
yeah i agree with you on that instance-if anything the braking from jord was rather early which then gave you the inside but it would of been more better if you had of held back and avoided contact then overtook on the the straight where start/finish line is

I know it wasnt intentional contact and i know that if jord knew you he wouldve known aswell

I assumed he noticed where I was and would make room for me... but he did not, and thats why we came to contact... On the start/finish line I let off the throttle to let him go... but he was slower again, and thats why the same thing happened in next lap.

Jord knew that it wasnt intentional, he just stuck to his "no inside overtaking" rule...
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty2012-04-23, 3:19 pm

as i said its a rule where certain conditions have to also be met..like you say you assummed that he would have braked to give room and maybe he assummed that you wouldve braked to give him the line which he was racing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside overtake illegal?   Inside overtake illegal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Inside overtake illegal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next