MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1

Go down 
+13
FiredUp
-TRR- King
skswat
xyx
Falcon
JonBoy
opelgozer
JayVi
FinUK
Goat
bish
OUTLAW
Ricky
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
EQWorry

[MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 8:33 am

Hi! I've had the pleasure to try to race in the Oval League with XRR yesterday and I'd like to share a few comments with anyone that cares. Overall organization was good though not excellent because of some glitches, like when most of us were kicked at one time for not being registered. The race itself was really interesting until my wife came to request something and I had went unconscious in the car, which unfortunately repeated twice more until the end. Still, I was able to finish 102 laps, about 30 less than the winner, so I hope this entitles me to some points.
I understand you want to make serious events, and thus 90 minutes of racing was chosen. Unfortunately, many people have left after qualification and I think it was mainly because of the race length. There are not many people willing to do 90 minute races, and I myself was very much sure I will not be able to finish properly. In such a long time always something comes up. I heard it will be 60 minutes race the next time, which is certainly more reasonable, at lest for me. If I may suggest another improvement, as I see it , make it two 30 minute races. There are many more people willing to race for 30 minutes, and even I would be able to finish properly at least half of such races. The chances are more people will attend. And you can base the starting grid of race 2 based on race 1 results, reversing the order a bit maybe.
Qualification was OK, I liked the two hotlaps we all had, though it would all be a lengthy process if more people were present. In that case I would suggest calling 2 or 3 people at once. Another thing, the two initial (warm-up) laps at 80 kmph were real slow, maybe one lap would be quite enough? Then maybe there could be allowed overtaking the SC for lapped cars, on oval this seems pretty safe, but it may be a complicated matter from the race management perspective. There was also some confusion about 2 pitstops required with all tyres changed. Airio can be set up to remind people of this automatically, but it's no big problem.
Well, guess that's all that comes to my mind right now. I enjoyed the racing while it lasted for me (up to lap 50 or so I think), it was cool, clean and I enjoyed every minute of it. I did not really understand the "no bumpdrafting" rule, as obviously the two leaders were drafting each other and then I was doing the same when I had the chance. So maybe leave that open for the next time, as you really cannot prevent it? Also while you organizers are cool people, sometimes there was a bit too much chat and jokes between SC and RC, which was distracting. Not a big deal this time as there were only a few racers, but in a larger field silence is a virtue.
Thanks again for organizing this!
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 10:32 am

EQ quote:( sometimes there was a bit too much chat and jokes between SC and RC, which was distracting). there is a solution to this:( in TS3 just set up Team channels for each team) this way SC and RC have there own channel and when need to jump into team channels

for what ever the case maybe plus teams can only be in there channel under race conditions or during the race get the idea ? it is a asset to be able to talk to only team members with out distacting others and for team to be able to time there pits together and moves on track

the goat
Back to top Go down
OUTLAW

OUTLAW

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 10:33 am

The first thank the organizers, I also enjoy every minute of the race and encourage more people to participate, I thank my family also, that left me alone during the race Smile EQWorry is right 60 minutes may be sufficient especially for those who have small children.

Thanks to all participants, very good pilots all. Wink and congrats to winner.
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 12:17 pm

@EQworry

Hi it was good to see you at the event and it was a pleasure to meet you for the first time,you make some good suggestions which i think me and ricky will definitley talk through.

We appologise for the glitch where everyone was kicked and it was due to an application that we have only just started using and i think by a key combination being pressed which is usually locks anyone out that isnt on a list..Second thing is about the drafting..while Normal drafting is allowed which is what myself and the racer from Spdo was doing which is deemed a lot safer compared to bump drafting--this being there would need to be contact of bumper to bumper for bump drafting which then can make even the most experienced lose control and also if there was an odd number of cars racing'lets say 9 cars for example' and the 1st 8 quickly paired up for draft then your always left with one whos going to most likely quit..

My belief is that even on oval races should be defined or won by the drivers own skills and how well they drive and it also gives everyone an equal chance of winning

Thankyou for being at the event and for the feedback

MRc Bish
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 12:18 pm

EQWorry wrote:
Another thing, the two initial (warm-up) laps at 80 kmph were real slow, maybe one lap would be quite enough?
Yes, 80 km/h was slow even for me Very Happy
At race before we had 120km/h and I think it was better. I dont have problem drive even faster. 150 for example.

EQWorry wrote:
Then maybe there could be allowed overtaking the SC for lapped cars, on oval this seems pretty safe, but it may be a complicated matter from the race management perspective.
I agree. But for example in your case when you had 12 laps behind I dont know how it would work. [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 2852790277

EQWorry wrote:
I did not really understand the "no bumpdrafting" rule, as obviously the two leaders were drafting each other and then I was doing the same when I had the chance. So maybe leave that open for the next time, as you really cannot prevent it?
As far as I understood, there is difference between drafting and bumpdrafting. You cant draft someone and then "bumping" his car from behind. You can drft car and overtake him and he can do it aswell.
Pushing car infront of you due to drafting is not allowed.

EQWorry wrote:
Also while you organizers are cool people, sometimes there was a bit too much chat and jokes between SC and RC, which was distracting. Not a big deal this time as there were only a few racers, but in a larger field silence is a virtue.
Sorry for that Laughing I will shut up next time. [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 3004240196
Watching 90 minutes to a cars was a bit boring, hehe. Anyway on race before we had TeamSpeak channel but at this race we had not any. I dont know why. I prefer voice communication as it do not disturb anyone in race due to we have own channel for SC and RC and also drivers could have their own channel.
I hope next race we will able to use TS. Its also a lot faster way than writing messages.

================================================================

EQ we will glad for every improvement and also if you know some useful tips which are able to do in Airio to improve our race, we are waiting for them. Very Happy
There is not more Airio experienced person than you. [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 4191947349
We are not uber-league and we are trying and learning from our own faults from race to race and also from drivers feedbacks. Smile

SWAT
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 12:26 pm

as swat points out,this is a fairly new venture for us,weve had events held before but without using the race manager and i think the previous races were for 30 minutes,

Id like to thank MRc Ricky for managing the event race,he does a much better job than i do and id say that the problem with the race control application kicking is an error on my part as i should of looked to see if theyre was any key combinations that activated any locks ect
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 1:51 pm

Hello Racers,
1st thanks for the Comments to the Race and the System. For the next Race i will be change some little things. I thinks to make 2 Races is a nice Idea. Maybe one Sprintrace with 15 or 20 Minutes and one Right Race with 40 or 45 Minutes. I think this would be more friendly to all. For Qualyfing i think next time we makes little other that is go faster. Thanks to all for your coming. When i have changed the Rules and Systems on Official Oval League website i will write here too.

Have a nice Day and see you soon.

Best Regards
Ricky
Back to top Go down
EQWorry

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 2:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification concerning (bump)drafting! I'll keep that in mind the next time. :-) Race managing applications can be mischievous sometimes, especially if they do not just watch and give info, but try to actively help the managers. :-D Some leagues prefer not to use any to make sure there are no problems, but that seems to be a bit too extreme. Overall it was highly interesting, so I surely hope to make round two (in two weeks time, FOX, right?).
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 3:38 pm

Date Time Track Car
06.04.1012 --> 19.00 --> Kyoto Oval --> FXR
20.04.2012 --> 19.00 --> Kyoto Oval --> XRR
04.05.2012 --> 19.00 --> Kyoto Oval --> FOX
18.05.2012 --> 19.00 --> Kyoto Oval --> BF1
01.06.2012 --> 19.00 --> Kyoto Oval --> XFR

But I think time will set for 18:00 UTC what is 20:00 CET.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 6:11 pm

EQWorry wrote:
Thanks for the clarification concerning (bump)drafting! I'll keep that in mind the next time. :-) Race managing applications can be mischievous sometimes, especially if they do not just watch and give info, but try to actively help the managers. :-D Some leagues prefer not to use any to make sure there are no problems, but that seems to be a bit too extreme. Overall it was highly interesting, so I surely hope to make round two (in two weeks time, FOX, right?).

Yeah mate its FOX at the next race,an enjoyable car to use on ky1,and thankyou for your advice its appreciated.The only reason we started using the race comander was the ease of displaying the preset messages for saftey car and awarding any penalitys ect.i agree though that problems can be caused by if not fully understood.

I look forward to the next event and wish you all good luck
Back to top Go down
Star Man

PostSubject: EQ Warry guest?   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 6:19 pm

Hi EQ happy to speak with you again.
Hi think the same.
But Mrc can do better and suggestions are good [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 4144464487
Come and join again...see we next

Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 7:37 pm

Star Man wrote:

Hi EQ happy to speak with you again.
Hi think the same.
But Mrc can do better and suggestions are good [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 4144464487
Come and join again...see we next

Not being funny but without you being there you wouldnt have seen how it went,it went very well apart from one glitch with software,what eq's suggestions are ways too attract more people mainly and not about the quality of the event
Back to top Go down
EQWorry

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 8:43 pm

Exactly. I know how hard it is to run events and I'm not criticizing in any way, because all went well, I'm just offering suggestions to hopefully attract more people. But of course then you run the risk of allowing ...uhmmm... unexperienced people to race, which could quickly spoil everything, especially on oval with the high speeds.
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 11:22 pm

at least I will have more work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-21, 11:52 pm

eqworry your help and advice is really appreciated and on behalf of myself and MRc Ricky i say thankyou and i hope that you can make it to the next event race
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-24, 9:30 pm

time and date of next oval practice? 4/25/2011 ? or week of the next event?

Thx Goat
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-25, 2:47 am

FSP_70GTO wrote:

Thx Goat

2011 affraid lol!

Next event is 04.05.2012 (4th of May 2012)
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-25, 8:48 am

Ok Swat good one [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 2852790277

2011>[MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 4255744582 ok (now thats out of the way) when is next PRACTICE for oval event?

Goat>[MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 725582281 [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 3260818684
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-25, 2:16 pm

oh, practice? [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 2852790277
No idea [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 1547219295 ... Thats probably question for Ricky.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-26, 8:41 pm

I will make the right options for the next Race on this Weekend.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-26, 8:48 pm

Ricky wrote:
I will make the right options for the next Race on this Weekend.

?????

Next practice for Fox oval event

should i register here or on oval site??
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-27, 1:18 pm

on oval site.
but i see you have registrate there. so i will sent you e-mail soon.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-27, 1:28 pm

Ricky wrote:
on oval site.
but i see you have registrate there. so i will sent you e-mail soon.

Thx [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 1685985038 see you there
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-27, 4:54 pm

skswat wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:

Thx Goat

2011 affraid lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty2012-04-27, 5:52 pm

bish wrote:
skswat wrote:
FSP_70GTO wrote:

Thx Goat

2011 affraid lol!

lol!

OK Bish get it out all out of your system but i was Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1   [MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

[MRc] Oval Leauge - Season 1
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next