MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

one server AA & MRc ?

Go down 
+18
Michal
Ruben.
HappyD
Stig
meddc
Kensei
saez
Mirio
Nofreak
(Tom) TomTom
Cla~
bish
rane_nbg
Ricky
Goat
JayVi
vitaly_m
SaMiX
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SaMiX
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Airio Manager
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Airio Manager
SaMiX

one server AA & MRc ? Empty
PostSubject: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-03, 2:16 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to get your opinion on an idea that is to have a server AA and MRc (eg [AA] & [MRc] server). the idea is not mine but Kensei (member of AA).
all is not yet complete, it is just a project.

Even when it is necessary to know that in the past we have had problems with some members of AA. I think I do not need to explain ...
but I think it's time moved on, and see the future with more objectivity.

the first question we can ask ourselves:
is that you're okay, for a shared server?

I'll put the link of the topic that you can read and respond here.
http://www.airattack.co.uk/portal/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34797&sid=98e28841554fe09ead50a216bbd76eda&p=376782#p376782

thank you for your attention
Sam
Back to top Go down
http://mhservers.net

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-03, 5:50 pm

Well,

What means in this case a AA & [MRC] Shared server?

Back to top Go down
vitaly_m
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
vitaly_m

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-03, 7:59 pm

Looks like it means that both AA and MRc members will have some admin rights.
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-03, 8:14 pm

co-operation server where AA & MRC got the same rights.

we should give it a try Smile

we could sacrifice 1 of our servers for this Wink as a sign of good will Smile

i have personally nothing against this idea or project. Most of my old racing buddies from 2009-2010 are AA (most are not so active anymore but that happens).
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-03, 10:42 pm

yes this is a interesting concept!

But will take team work between AA and Mrc can this be done ? I think yes and to simplefy things one or two representives from each team should be involved in the developement of this server and there will have to be comprimises from both sides for it to work this involves alot of team members from both sides

will it be server open to all racers?

will it be server open to just teams members? and passworded?

what is the goal set forth for this server? or objective?

or just event server?

who will be involved in the development?

it dosnt hurt to try go for it!

there will be alot ? to be answered

Goats thoughts
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-03, 11:26 pm

I think we can try, yes. It´s a good Idea. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-04, 9:01 am

Won't opine about this.

I think there's no point on sharing rights between 2 teams , as you will never know 100% what's happening on the server.

AA Member causing a big fault in the server administration will give a bad reputation to this team.

My vote is a no , doesn't count much but.

Go for it ,

Best Regards.
Back to top Go down
rane_nbg

rane_nbg

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-04, 1:11 pm

Hello all,

Goat: I would like to answer few of your questions. It would be mainly event server, open to all racers, with some or none restriction. The goal is to make demo more popular and to bring our two teams closer, with all past friction behind. It's a new year and a good time for new begginig for our teams, as the most popular demo teams Smile We can have two servers, one from MRc and one from AA, with shared limad rights and management. One representative from each team, will have highest limad rank, while others will have the same basic limad level. This is all in a project phase, meaning this idea is still in developement and your sugestions are appreciated.

For start, it's esential to determine if you guys want this colaboration or not. All AA members that responded so far, are for it.

If you decide yes, then it will be matter of involving as much as posible members from both teams, to agree on some details of server managing. We're all grown and responsible people, so I'm sure we'll find a common language and managing compromise. Ideas about server managing and racing events, you can find on the link Sam posted in the beginning of this thred.

Happy new year and best regards from AA.
Back to top Go down
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 3:42 am

where as i can see the good points of doing this and 100% agree that any bad blood between teams needs to be forgotten,i could see problems probably arising between decisions on track though as we have a different way already of how things are done

in my opinion it probably be good too try on a trial basis
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
Cla~

Cla~

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 4:09 am

As i was saying to bish, i always been pessimistic and feel that something is not gonna work (like taking decisions on crashes etc ),BUT i think its a GREAT idea which could help both AA and MRc in terms of popularity and to forget old drama between our teams.

So im 100% to give it at least a try and see what happens

one server AA & MRc ? 3510096238
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 9:27 am

I am against to to put 2 teams together !

Nothing against AA , but I have been long enough there and at the time there will

be problehms coming up !

They handle their management different as we do and other things....

Best we stay like we are and we will be save for any conflicts in future !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 10:30 am

MrcTomTom wrote:
I am against to to put 2 teams together !

Nothing against AA , but I have been long enough there and at the time there will

be problehms coming up !

They handle their management different as we do and other things....

Best we stay like we are and we will be save for any conflicts in future !

Thanks tom,

Atleast you think like me.

Totally against this idea, there's no point on get 2 teams togheter , this will only cause more problems.

Dont count with me.
Back to top Go down
rane_nbg

rane_nbg

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 12:07 pm

Ok, tnx for repplies.

TomTom: don't take this personal, but your view is so typical for older people, not wanting to accept any change, even if it might bring something better.

Frozen233: if any problem arise, we'll handle it. That's not the point here..

Can you guys tell me, what is so different that MRc does with crashers, compared to AA?

Last edited by rane_nbg on 2013-01-05, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 12:45 pm

rane_nbg....

Sorry..has nothing to do with older people....

This is typical answer from "young" people....

Im looking in to the future.....and I think every server should do hes one thing..!

It will be a question of time when we will have problehms !

You have your one style to handle your server...we have our one style.....

And yes..the handling is much different...because here we Limad 5 guys

have more space to do things as AA ADMINS have !

I would never change again !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 1:37 pm

rane_nbg wrote:
Ok, tnx for repplies.

TomTopm: don't take this personal, but your view is so typical for older people, not wanting to accept any change, even if it might bring something better.

Frozen233: if any problem arise, we'll handle it. That's not the point here..

Can you guys tell me, what is so different that MRc does with crashers, compared to AA?

TomTom didnt' say nothing typical from older people, you are just using that as an excuse, so it's just a totally immature and a disrespectfully reply from your side, as looks as you are trying to provoke him.
You won't get anyway doeing that , so.

One time more , you showed me why mrc shouldn't be togheter with AA.

And about handle problems , i think mrc can handle his problems , and AA can handle their problems , but without being togheter.

Won't discuss anything else.

Also i hope that you don't repeat that ''provocation'' against any member from this forum , otherwise you won't be welcome here, as we always respect everyone at anytime.

If you don't , it's your problem.

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
Nofreak
Limad 4
Limad 4
Nofreak

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 1:44 pm

I think it's a good idea for events.
But I think it's a bad idea to share administration.
Shared limad rights would mess it up, as I think AA administration is very different from the MRc way.
Back to top Go down
Mirio

Mirio

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 1:58 pm

Does not make sense at all to me to share administration rights.
Back to top Go down
http://alpha.omgforum.net/
saez

saez

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 2:04 pm

I have here in MRc as a member just 2 weeks, so my opinion won't count so much...

But I would vote YES..a server with 2 teams may be a meeting point between members of both teams.

Before racing in MRc servers, I was racing in AA and theres also good people and good racers like Macko, Tac, exzibit...

So my vote is YES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 2:45 pm

Saez : Meeting point and sharing rights in a server is not the same.

Best Regards,
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 2:52 pm

Well guys....

I was racing for AA since some years before I changed to MRc.

And I had my reasons !

This is nothing against AA---but everybody better handle their one servers and management.

I ask Sam not to do it !!!

We all will have conficts in future !...believe me !

Sam is the boss and will diside this !!!

So I hope he says NO !!!
Back to top Go down
Kensei

Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 5:35 pm

As a means to share some thoughts and ideas , the original idea was on the rally format and that format alone, it has since taken flight to all formats available on Demo , which i personally don't see as a bad thing as if the concept works well it can be extended if ppl are willing to get their racing format on the shared map as well.

A second point id like to share is if not all MRc racing categories would like to be a part of it there's no reason as not to try it on the initial format and see how it goes from there , ie: a rally only event running on the joint server and if all goes well in time join the other categories as well.
It is my opinion that as with everything in life that is supposed to be taken seriously and succeed the better we can streamline and remove errors from the chosen formula on joint management and the event itself the better ,as in the end it would add for the events popularity and the teams behind it as well.

Some concepts are being discussed on our forums and id only ask that before declining the idea do share your thoughts on them as well , either here or there , and not to focus much on the management itself as if even both our teams are light years apart on the decisions they make regarding on how to keep their servers drama free, there are always the rules imparted by the game itself on the Rules of Clean Racing that i think we can base our management together .

As always , Best Regards

nFs.
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 5:44 pm

Kensei.....

If u mabe check AA forum....what kind of a big story they make out of this.....
Who has wich rieghts ...wich rules...and ...and ...no ending story...
Thats typical for AA.
Make out of everything a big number.
As I already post..: Im against this systhem !!!

Mabe as you can see at our forum: Nearly nobody is interested !
At AA , they nearly write a book about this theme..lol....

So Im hopeful Sam (owner of MRc team) will say NO !

Hes the boss...he will deside !
Back to top Go down
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I think there are a few misunderstandings in this thread about what exactly is being proposed.

1. Kensei's idea was to have more popular daily RallyX events leveraging the members of both AA and MRc with a combined server.
2. Although this one server would have a number of limads from both AA and MRc, the rest of the servers would all be kept separate and there would be no sharing of limad rights between those.
3. The idea was extended to maybe include the other daily FBM and GTI events we run on [AA] Demo Racing server (again, separate from the other servers) and the proposal was to joint-brand the server so that there was a place for both MRc and AA drivers to go and have proper demo racing events with qualifying.

I'm not sure why TomTom thinks we have "written a book about this theme" - we've just been discussing ideas, that's all.

Personally, I am always up for increasing friendships between LFS teams but I also recognise the difficulties in making it work logistically (i.e. agreeing on and implementing a race format) and also the slight differences in approach we both have to team management.

To summarise again, this is not something everyone at AA necessarily agrees on either, and as I say I'm divided on the subject, but we are more than willing to engage and discuss on how this could benefit both teams. If, at the end of the day, we decide not to go for it, that's perfectly fine and we'll perhaps see you on that proposed AA vs MRc race instead one day one server AA & MRc ? 3510096238

P.S. I hope you forgive rane_nbg for his comment to TomTom. I think (and hope) he didn't mean it to sound as bad as perhaps it did. He is a good guy and manages our GTI admins.

Last edited by meddc on 2013-01-05, 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 6:24 pm

meddc...

You know that "specialy" we 2 never had any problehms at our time by AA !

We (I think mostly ) where same mind ! Also I have a big respect how you handle

everything ! I personly see you as a good friend ! Nothing changed between our frienship!

But this here is the question to take servers together.

So as I already posted...: Its nothing against AA....

I think we give the last desicion and words to the ownwes (EQ...Sam)....

PS.: Sure..the comand from rane_ is NP for me...

BUT: I think a change will bring a lot of problehms..believe me...we know our guys..lol....

You know that..I know that...

Before it will get a desaster...(and it will end in one)...I beet my Porsche...lol

WE BETTER dont do it...!

Regards Roland
Back to top Go down
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty2013-01-05, 6:39 pm

EQ is not around much (or indeed ever!) these days, TomTom, and I have kind of stepped into the gap since there was nobody else. I do, however, need to consider what his opinion would be on all this. Anyway, there is no decision as yet - just a discussion. We may well call time on that discussion soon, although I'm conscious many people have not commented yet.

In terms of problems between MRc and AA members - the way I see it, both teams do pretty much the same thing but just have a mixture of different people - these people change with time and each team has some reasonable members, and some less so. If there are any problems it would be between those who are, shall we say, more outspoken and less able to discuss things in a mature and non-confrontational way. I'm sure we all know a few people like that. Cool

Best regards, meddc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? Empty

Back to top Go down

one server AA & MRc ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next