MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

one server AA & MRc ?

Go down 
+18
Michal
Ruben.
HappyD
Stig
meddc
Kensei
saez
Mirio
Nofreak
(Tom) TomTom
Cla~
bish
rane_nbg
Ricky
Goat
JayVi
vitaly_m
SaMiX
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-05, 7:11 pm

meddc....

"In terms of problems between MRc and AA members - the way I see it, both teams do pretty much the same thing but just have a mixture of different people - these people change with time and each team has some reasonable members, and some less so. If there are any problems it would be between those who are, shall we say, more outspoken and less able to discuss things in a mature and non-confrontational way. I'm sure we all know a few people like that. Cool"

Yes as u see..we are on same level...your rieght...

But than :
ADMINS stay ADMINS but any other Limads just will have same standad...
Mabe 1 or 2...
Than we will have a less of problehms!
And a less of trouble!

mabe works than....

regars TomTom
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-05, 7:41 pm

OK GUYS..!

Im realy disapointed from you all...exept 3 or 4..of you !

You guys always post for every moskito s**t at forum...

BUT:..important things like the theme AA..MRc ....nothing...

You dont have any eggs in your pants to post your mind here??? (sorry for that).

Im standing here nearly alone !...not to make a deal with AA.....

Where all the nearly 100 ADMINS/LImads......????..Team nembers as you want to be???

Big thanks to you all...Il stop posting now and hope Sam will read this !!!!

Everytime hard things come up...Im standing here by myself !

No help from anybody !!!

Sorry Sam..But Im realy angry about this !

I have no more words now....

regards ......Roland

Back to top Go down
Stig

Stig

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-05, 8:03 pm

m8 i haven't post any kind of replies about this topic because i'm new in team by only one month maybe, and i don't know the problems between the two teams in the past... But the past is the past and my opinion, not much important, about this idea to make a common server is positive..
But need to put in evidents some importants thingh:
- the role of different admin and members of the teams
- the server are always open or only for event between the teams????
About my doubts maybe there are some partial answer but it's better to clear this aspect...
Back to top Go down
Kensei

Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-05, 8:44 pm

To answer your post Stig and to clear any doubts others might have, the administration on the shared servers , as Tom said , and its important to be reiterated , is intended to be exactly as he posted it .

Example:

Server Managing Crew of 10 ppl equals:

5 - AA > 2 Admins > 3 Limads ( lvl ?)
5 - MRc > 2 Admins > 3 limads ( lvl ?)
End Result : 4 Admins / 6 Limads

( Just an example don't forget, but the formula would be the same i reckon )

- Both Admins SHOULD be ppl that currently on their respective teams ARE admins
- All Limads should be ppl that currently ARE limads on their respective teams

Even the limad lvl can , if possible , be the same , nothing changes here from the rights ppl have atm on their teams and no one will be more than the other, its as fair as it can be.
Admins and Limads should be chosen based NOT on their stats as drivers alone but more importantly as how they interact with ppl wile managing their servers .

If any other Administration formula can be proposed by MRc its most welcomed as we want ppl to share their points on view, nothing is set in stone yet and this is a chance ppl should NOT pass if they ever wanted to do something different regarding events or Demo racing This is the time to help and try to change how ppl see Demo racers and servers.

What changes ? We all do it together ! We need to find a common ground on how to administrate the server and keep things running smooth and this is were we really need to set point by point what we want and don't want to see on our join servers.

If anyone could be so kind as to either post here or on our forums what and how MRc would do things , and more importantly what are the rules the MRc Team would want to see included on server management it would be an important step in the right direction so we can make a set of the same rules and see were we both stand.

PS : Tom if this works ,and i hope it does ,all i ask is for you to paint on your Porsche's doors the MRc logo no need to bet it =)

And aye i know i make testaments and apologies for that =( i just get carried away sometimes -_-.

Best Regards
nFs.
Back to top Go down
Stig

Stig

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-05, 8:57 pm

Really thanks for your fast answer Smile Now you clear my doubts and from me is YES .... We will wait for the aswer of others admin
Back to top Go down
HappyD
Limad 3
Limad 3
HappyD

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 6:21 am

Im kind of scared to say anything, seems everyone has there own thaught and saying and opinions and so like Samix said at beginning, it was a thaught and has not been confirmed etc.

Relax guys sheesh lol
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 11:06 am

HI....

Here is a sentence from a post at AA forum from senna :

Also, another point is that, whether if these ideas would come to reality and with no clashes between anyone, there seem to be a really negative look on our team.

So make a negative look for there team .....

You guys mabe know now whar I mean....Better we dont do it !
Back to top Go down
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 11:11 am

TomTom - be fair. That comment (by senna I think) on our thread is probably referring mainly to your posts as the ones that are negative towards AA. Surely you can't deny that you have a negative outlook on this? It's fine if you do - that's your opinion. But the whole point of the discussion is to canvass the views of everyone. You've had your say now and I think we all understand your viewpoint - let's hear from the others now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 11:23 am

At my view , the best thing is to:

Make a event where both teams race , but that idea from '' sharing rights on servers , etc '' , will cause only problems.

I think the discussion can be stopped, let's wait what Sam says , as his opinion is the important one.

Best Regards,
Back to top Go down
Kensei

Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 11:27 am

Wile i respect your point of view Tom , and i always have, ever since i started on LFS and running on MRc FBM servers, on auto gears FTL =P, i would like to stress that one person's point of view does not mirror the entire teams view on things .

As MRc has ppl not liking the idea ,we too have our share of negative feelings towards it, but as the majority states , this might be a good thing to promote both teams and Demo racing servers and mostly to put our differences behind us and move forward.

Things are taking shape ,and if given enough green lights on our side regarding the model we would like to run ,the MRc team can then decide based on something more tangible.

Since i cant keep copy pasting everything that has been said there here ,and vice-versa ,if any doubts arise don't feel shy and hop on our Forum as well so everything and everyone is on the same page and ideas can be shared.

Best Regards
nFs.

Back to top Go down
rane_nbg

rane_nbg

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 11:40 am

HappyD: don't be scared at all Smile As an MRc member, you have full rights to say, what ever you think or feel about this. Being a member, that means you're given enough trust to have a valid say about important stuff in MRc. Final say is ofcourse on Sam.

Frozen233: I'm glad, that you changed your mind a bit. You see, the original idea is to have only selected few from both teams. For example, total of 10 people - 5 from AA and 5 from MRc. After all, someone has to take care of crashers. I would be most happy, if we don't need admins at all on this server, but it's just not posible.

Out two teams are not merging and we are not sharing any rights on our main severs. It's just our shared project on let's say one server, with some people, taking care everything goes fine in it. Thats's all.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 12:06 pm

as i stated as a thought in my earlier post:

teams should elect 1 or 2 from each to set up and develope this one server

server seems to be a event server so in the development stage needs to be passworded for testing and for members from both teams to get to know each other and (personalities) only

Limads seem to be the bigest hang up for all so as long as sever not made public there should be NO Limads and the 1 or 2 elected members should have the rights in developing stage and as it goes public all should have equal rights and only 12 hour bans allowed and let the 1-2 from each side decide if warrants longer ban via replay

we as team members from both teams know the rules and how to drive with care and respect for all drivers now there might be some where tempers will flair and the question will be how to handle this and think it can be handle by the ones involed by excepting there own fault in the matter and move on with

my bad or sorry or we both should of done something different

we as people of the world should be able to accomplish this but as we all know HISTORY is against us!

Goat @TomTom M8 you do not stand alone a team is a team and no 1 person is a team we hear your thoughts and this is good you allways must know the PROS and CONS in any discusion making process and then there are all the WHAT IFS?

Goat

Last edited by Goat on 2013-01-06, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 12:13 pm

Rane_nbg: As long as this idea is only for 1 , and i repeat 1 ,server then i will agree.

But if this idea gets moved to the rest of the MRc servers my vote is a no.

I've read somewhere before that the idea was first 1 server , and then implement it to the rest of them. Mad

If that's so , my vote is still a NO.

Best Regards

Last edited by Frozen233 on 2013-01-06, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : **)
Back to top Go down
Kensei

Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 12:21 pm

The idea can be extended to more shared servers , but EVENT only servers, not the regular existing servers both teams have right now.

If it takes flight , we can donate 1 server and MRc another server to run this shared events and thats about it, it makes no connection with the rest of the servers both teams manage with their logo's and it will never make that connection.

If this event model works well both teams can think of opening more servers on a shared base and and run the same model of events ,and still this new servers wont EVER make a connection to the "normal" existing ones.

Outside this model you guys manage your servers we manage ours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 1:15 pm

So you mean 2 news servers where the events will take place?
Back to top Go down
Kensei

Kensei

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 1:25 pm

Aye two new servers , or one to start with and see if the model has enough strength to stand on its own , and shape it up in a way both teams are happy with the cup itself and more importantly in the model of management .

For example: AA chooses 1 server that has low population and changes it to the Event model and shares the management with MRc on that 1 server alone and MRc does the same, but like i said it can be one server to start and see how things go from there.

So in the end both teams keep their separate ,independent ,administration on the rest of the servers, as they do now, and only share it on those two ( one ).
Back to top Go down
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 1:28 pm

Well the proposal as currently is for 1 or 2 event servers only with dedicated Airio instance and restricted number of limads from both teams. Not more. Personally, I think 1 server is enough for this, at least initially. There would be logistical challenges to overcome, though, such as how to apply a pb or safety rating restriction (maybe would have to be gained on the event server when no events running? Merging both MRc and AA stats has also been suggested but unworkable I think).

There are obviously many other things to consider and decide upon, but for now all we need to ascertain is whether most people think this is a good idea in theory or whether we have a significant number of people opposed.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 1:39 pm

as i can see from AA forum they already have a plan for the set up of this server which is good from a AA side of things but from MRc side of things?

this subject is still under debate with that said if this is approved it will need representives from both sides to decide on set up

@frozen i think you would make a good rep for MRc in this server set up

Goat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 2:03 pm

Thanks Goat Smile ^^

If the idea is so like you guys just told then i'll agree Smile

My vote is YES , i will keep reading this post and let's see what Sam says.

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
Ruben.

Ruben.

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 2:27 pm

I didnt post here because it didnt feel right, but now i really think i need to say this:

My vote is NO.
When voting for this, i think the whole team needs to be behind it.. also, i think if there is so much discussion about it and most of the things arent even figured out yet, we dont have to do this..

I'd like to see a whole writen idea, with all specific rules and we all should hang on that, dont make any exeption then..

Back to top Go down
rane_nbg

rane_nbg

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 3:27 pm

Ruben: when you do a shared project, the point is to accept ideas from both sides. We (AA) wanted to come up with a project where all members involved (AA and MRc), or all those active on forum. We don't want this to be like - AA plans it all and presents to MRc, so we wait if you agree or not. We don't want that. The point is to write the whole idea you're talking about, together.

This planing together thing, has more into it, as indirect aproach for two team colaboration, while getting our teams closer. I would really like to see more from MRc members, then just yes or no. This is something that you work on, to be good at the end. It's allways the easiest to say no, then to actualy try to make something out of it.

The only NO argument that I get from MRc members is "this will not work, there will be problems". Well yeah, ofcourse there will be problems, but we will work hard and solve them. That's the fun and friendly part Smile

Back to top Go down
Michal
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Michal

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 3:58 pm

I am not sure if it is a good idea, but why not? I think that we can try it...

My vote for now is YES Smile
Back to top Go down
Ruben.

Ruben.

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 6:18 pm

Quote :
It's allways the easiest to say no, then to actualy try to make something out of it.

I take this quite personal, as an attack..
Its not allways easier to say no, in this case, its the best to say no.
Not that i dont think this will not work, its just that i have a bad feeling about this, and i think, this wil come to a big fight between people in AA and in MRc.

Its like Real Madrid and Barcelona are going to play together, the thought of is is wonderfull, outcome will be really bad!

I am sorry

Greetings
Back to top Go down
SaMiX
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Airio Manager
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Airio Manager
SaMiX

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 6:30 pm

I think it is important to remember that the servers MRc not change.
Our Administration (limad, admin, Supad) remains exactly as they are now. That is in reality nothing will change for our servers or Airio.

And it will be the same for AA, nothing changes for them.

We are talking about 1 or 2 new servers + New Airio who will be shared

The idea normally is to organize an event with the two biggest teams demo. But will not be reserved only at AA or MRc, the servers will be public certainly with limitations. it can be argued that the way the server is set up.

I sincerely believe that this can be something good for our two teams. But we will have to make efforts from the two sides (AA & MRc).

We are in 2013 and we can try to make a new resolution, but if we really want to do some things together, we must make efforts in communications too.
Back to top Go down
http://mhservers.net
meddc

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-06, 6:52 pm

Samix - mature words. I think it best to view this as a separate venture from both teams.

OK, so how about this... We get 2 or 3 volunteers from each team, AA and MRc - those people who want to make this work. They take the debate offline (I am happy to provide a private forum for this) and work out the format in more detail.

I think I need to stay involved and would probably nominate EMarci15 and Kensei to be involved from AA side since they have shown the most interest.

Basically, we then just set up one server and see how it goes - changing things if need be, or if it doesn't work or doesn't attract any racers then we simply close it down and nothing has been lost.

Any issues that arise between our members could be solved by the volunteer team collaboratively. I would hope that we both have enough mature and sensible people that we could try and solve any disputes amicably without getting into tit for tat comments, but I guess we also need to be realistic and accept this could happen. I mean, arguments happen within teams too - there's evidence of that on both our forums one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 1060745282

one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 3510096238
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one server AA & MRc ?   one server AA & MRc ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

one server AA & MRc ?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next