MRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRC forum

SearchHomePortalEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea for new SERVER !!!

Go down 
+5
(Tom) TomTom
bish
OUTLAW
Mahmoud
EXE
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bish
Founder, Team owner, Server Supad/Forum Admin
bish

Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-28, 10:14 pm

EXE wrote:
soo guys??? after 2 pages do we have a conclusion???

this idea will have a chance to see the light?

@ Bish maybe we can begin with an event and see what people say about this, and also how many racers this event will have... what do you say??

i wish that Sam join to this disscusion, and share his opinion, i really wish that

firstly id be willing to personally setup a server of of my own or if the others agreed maybe set the fbx server to them requirements for a couple of days for fbm- but its a risky stradgety to try on such a busy server as gp track

heres a quote from sam about the last time gp track had a pb lock put on it

SaMiX wrote:
Honestly, sad to see GP Track empty . since the beginning of MRc GP Track was open so the server is unlocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/friarbishme
EXE

EXE

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-28, 10:32 pm

mate i respect that decision, but if you give me a chance of say'n my point would be great...

i think that maybe from the last time GP TRACK had a pb lock, until now, the things may have been changed a little. why i say that?? cause i see everyday very good fast safe players came on GP TRACK and we ( limads) cant really keep the track clean all the time cause allmost every minute you can see a crash... its also sad how Sam say'd.

but as ive say'd , i respect your decission and Sam decission, and i'll never ask for a !pb !ex limit... after all i chose that way, and i cant blaim anybody , or complain...

i'll take it like a man, and i'll try to keep order in there as much as my time will alow Smile

and about the other thing , about the new server idea, if you guys think will not work, what can i say i'll give up on that too... im pretty used to be refused ( not by womans lol ) Smile) but anyway life is a bitch sometimes and we all know that Wink

really hope all the best for you guys and cya on the track Wink
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-28, 11:08 pm

i dont think things can change that much in the space of a couple of months mate= also we have fast drivers on the other servers - ive even been racing with the current fbm wr holder and the previous world record holder on there- its been said before by others that even though things can look good in writing its when put into practice that it counts

Also wouldnt you agree that it could be a risk to suddently limit who can join a server if it is as populated as stated, remember that the majority of racers using there a new or newer racers also
Back to top Go down
JayVi
Server Supad/Forum Admin, Event Coordinator
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-29, 8:49 am

maybe its a dumb idea... what adding another server? 4+1 for a short period.

so we dont have the change currently servers and giving the new server a chance 2. otherwise i would say simple increase the lap count of GP Track... normally when lowies dont want 2 drive 10Laps they will leave... i remember those times every server has 5Laps! And nobody complaints about it Smile 20Laps is 2 much with/without Pitstop (I L0L'd when ppl need 2 times stopping for new tyres Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 2117877065 ), it will only work with high registrictions or as a event.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-29, 9:59 am

[quote="JayVi"] normally when lowies dont want 2 drive 10Laps they will leave...[quote]

then that would be defeating the object of why the servers are here. MRc servers are not just meant to be for team members they are there to provide a service to all LFS users-

What would happen if it was changed - some of the racers who didnt like may go to another mrc server but then again many may just go to a different server altogther

@ exe - ive read what you have said each time all the way through and ive the best possible answers - you say about fast racers visiting gp track but like i said earlier they also race on the other servers also - IMOL + NOz + many more

For most of the 12 hours + that im online daily i dont race that much but instead i admin or keep an eye on the race - i save replays for every race and am constantly checking when someone says someone crashed them - and even though i love to race it is more important to me to make sure that races are enjoyable and people dont wreck it for others...

When laps are added it makes it a more difficult race - i know this as even i struggle with 4 laps compared to 3 - so that would create more problems for less experienced racers
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-29, 10:54 am

I dont need read all posts, and I can say that:

SERVER
WILL
EMPTY
Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 2367533627

Trust me... maybe first few days it wont, but soon it will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skswat.tym.sk
Kensei

Kensei

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-29, 6:13 pm

@ Bish the server u spoke of , the one u can put online is it a paid one or a private one same is to say yours?

If its sth u need to spend money on don't do it just for the sake of testing an idea but if its a pvt one and it wont mess your daily workings much do give it a try , the other option would be to give it an event shape but that would have to be held on any of the current 4 servers changing for X amount of time the regular way they are setup and ppl might join expecting A and find B instead and might leave so the event option although viable is not without some degree of risk and could be taken on the lowest attending server as a means to reduce the "WTH is this 10 laps guys???" questions.

just some ideas that can once and for all answer without any shadow of a doubt if this format has wheels to spin on its own or its something that can be either changed or scraped as the current pop might not be so much into it and with the advent of newer games being released every month and other options out there it might actually be the little push that some ppl might need to get the S1+S2 licences and explore the rest of LFS as honestly speaking i haven't seen anything similar on any server ive been ( not that ive been on that many either in this short career as a driver of mine )but if all servers offer the same taste of cake the one that adds some frosting might get the extra edge on population compared to the others in the end hence me asking if the option to make a 5th server to test it for some time is a viable one so the rest of the servers remain unchanged during that period.

Best regards,
Ken.
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-29, 6:47 pm

skswat wrote:

SERVER
WILL
EMPTY

swats put it the best way- a while ago i might of thought different but i now know that it would be empty
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-29, 7:30 pm

Server will maybe full (or almost full) for first few days, because its something new and they will want to try it.

But then stay empty.. its 100%. Nobody want drive 20 laps when race it not part of event. Imagine that you drive... you are in 15th lap for example... some crash happen and ppl vote for restart.
This happen 3 times in a row. I believe you would throw your PC out of window.
It sounds good when you imagine it and write on forum, but reality is completly different.

Last edited by skswat on 2012-05-30, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EXE

EXE

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 12:40 am

@ swat now let's be serious if it was your idea, at this momment the server it was up and running...

@ bish i don't like how people change @ in such a short amount of time... but anyway who am i to come here and present a new idea, if after a year im still limad 3 , and others have @ 3 months and are limad 4 and maybe very soon supads...

you know what? ive started this topic with honestly good thoughts , and now i see how is transforming into a topic full of hate.

but anyway i ask you guys SUPADS to close this topic and if possible even forget ive opened such a topic...

this disscusion has become very OFF TOPIC !!!
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 3:34 am

EXE wrote:
@ swat now let's be serious if it was your idea, at this momment the server it was up and running...

@ bish i don't like how people change @ in such a short amount of time... but anyway who am i to come here and present a new idea, if after a year im still limad 3 , and others have @ 3 months and are limad 4 and maybe very soon supads...

you know what? ive started this topic with honestly good thoughts , and now i see how is transforming into a topic full of hate.

but anyway i ask you guys SUPADS to close this topic and if possible even forget ive opened such a topic...

this disscusion has become very OFF TOPIC !!!

Errm- i think you need to do a rain check here- ive not changed at all it seems to be you who probably changed - if anyones been taken to limad 4 then its done by someelse most likely because they have experience--

if you actually tried to look after all servers then it would be seen and noticed - you had an idea which weve said sounds good in writing but in practice we know wont work-

every message youve had has been written respectfully and explained why- in your last message your acting like a little child who hasnt got what he wanted.

Firstly you attack swat by saying if it was his idea then it would be up and running - well look back in the forums and even when i suggested similar things it was said they wouldnt work and they didnt

Seriously im disapointed in the fact that you try and have a go at me and swat for not letting you try something on a server.

I WILL CLOSE THE TOPIC WHEN YOU CAN SHOW ME WHERE ME OR SWAT HAVE GONE OF TOPIC - THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT YOUR LAST POST IS WRONG IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 6:25 am

scratch what? My idea? ...dont understand well what you mean. (I didnt read all posts in topic, so maybe I missed something)
I am talking from experience, not just "I think that...."
Also I dont think that I had written something off-topic. Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 945058907

EXE wrote:
but anyway who am i to come here and present a new idea, if after a year im still limad 3 , and others have @ 3 months and are limad 4 and maybe very soon supads...
Limad level is not depending on time spend in team. If you think that, then it's wrong. Value of limad level is considered for every single member independently. Limad 3 isn't enough for you? Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 4088188550
I think L3 have enough rights to perform all necessary commands on servers.

FSP_70GTO wrote:
PB - dosnt define a racer

RT - says the most to me about a racer
My RT is quite low because of hotlapping - around 70% I think - (you waiting on start and then slowly warming tyres which gives you some yellow flags) and it means that I am bad racer? Smile I dont crash anybody because I keep my car on the side of track and just wait and go slow because need gap for hotlap.
I had RT over 95% before I tried some hotlaps on RallyX server.

I just wanted to show that RT isnt always reliable. Wink

Last edited by skswat on 2012-05-30, 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 8:48 am

Hi guys !

Whats is about just making a event 3x15 laps ...1 or t times a week ?

I know we have Oval event ..but mabe we can change somethimes...

1 time oval...1 time Blackwood.

Its not everybodys thing just to rive arround the circle ....lol... Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 4255744582
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 8:51 am

Events are welcome in MRc. Because it's planned and drivers are expecting that race won't restarted after 10 laps, without heavy crashers and there will for sure some admin who will watch race.
win
Its for sure better option than have 24/7 server with 15 or 20 laps race.
Back to top Go down
EXE

EXE

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 9:00 am

bish wrote:
skswat wrote:

SERVER
WILL
EMPTY

swats put it the best way- a while ago i might of thought different but i now know that it would be empty

@ Bish this is what you say'd that makes me angry, and little bit earlyer when you was online on GP TRACK your opinion was very different. at that time you really wanted to give it a try, but then you change your mind... in my opinion you should pm me and tell me that this is not gonna work, and the topic could then be closed and i forget the idea. but no, you come here and put a big NO THE SERVER WILL BE EMPTY like Swat say's . well maybe Swat didn't read all the topic, and maybe he think little bit different as he is a rally racer most of the time...

@ SWAT i dont have a go at you or at bish ( like he say ) , but serious now??? why this could not work? why can't we make at least a event to see how it goes?? ive asked many people this day's and they all agree its a good idea to have such a server. well i agree its a lot of work, i never taked it as a joke.

@ BISH mate try to use different word's PLEASE as this is not gonna work with me. don't call me ''a little child that doesnt get what he wants'' cause i really dont think it suits me. i think we should keep eachother little respect as we are not some kids anymore. i was allways respecting you guys, and will do it till the last day here.

ive say'd that the DISSCUSION goes OFF TOPIC cause we don't really disscus something regarding the ''IDEA'' but instead we ''try'' to have somekind of fight here and stuff that don't like it...

hope you all get my point now, and nobody get ofended in any possible way.

good day all
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 9:03 am

skswat..hihi there...

Yea..good idea brother !

I just meant not allways only have oval event.

Would be cool...Blckwood event also....

Just must find out a good time for running it !

But time limit shout be.....no racers with pb from 1.24....lol bounce
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 9:08 am

EXE wrote:

@ SWAT why this could not work? why can't we make at least a event to see how it goes??
Well EXE, but make an event is something different than have 24/7 server with same parameters.
Event:
1. Its 100% there will admin who will keep an eye on all.
2. There will not cheaters, total beginners, crashers... etc
3. You are sure that race won't restarted just by drivers voting for no reason.
4. Event have some sense... its part of some champ or something.

You cant meet all this conditions on server which will running 24/7.
Back to top Go down
EXE

EXE

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 9:32 am

skswat wrote:
EXE wrote:

@ SWAT why this could not work? why can't we make at least a event to see how it goes??
Well EXE, but make an event is something different than have 24/7 server with same parameters.
Event:
1. Its 100% there will admin who will keep an eye on all.
2. There will not cheaters, total beginners, crashers... etc
3. You are sure that race won't restarted just by drivers voting for no reason.
4. Event have some sense... its part of some champ or something.

You cant meet all this conditions on server which will running 24/7.

@ SWAT well now i like how thing's sound Smile well then i think i must move over to the event's section and when you guys decide we give it a go Smile ohh and other thing... the initial idea was to make a server witch have 20 laps lol its a bit much, but if you read all the topic, the other members say that 10 laps should be enough... Smile so 10 laps would be offcourse if you guys agree it...

cya Wink
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 9:37 am

There is one server with RallyX on it and there is 10 laps. I see it in my list maybe once per month (I have visible only servers which are not empty) and then its not empty, there are maybe 2 or 3 cars at all. (not much fun to race 10 laps with 2 cars in race) Rolling Eyes Laughing
And rally lap takes only around 1 minute 10 seconds. Its not popular anyway. So this is not just fiction made up. It's example from reality.

Events are different cup of tea. Wink I agree with events and fully support event ideas. win
Back to top Go down
JayVi
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 11:47 am

skswat wrote:
Events are different cup of tea. Wink I agree with events and fully support event ideas. Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 4233136003

i heard tomtom wanna organise the fbm event Question and all in future comming events Question Question Question lol!
Back to top Go down
(Tom) TomTom

(Tom) TomTom

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 12:08 pm

JayVi...!

never said something about this !!!

just said that it will be cool to make an event with more laps (Blackwood) also....

insteed allways oval.....

Not all guys want to drive arround a circle for hours.....
lol!
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 1:48 pm

Goat is a neutral bystander and has followed and has been involved this post

@EXE your idea is sound and good and has some support by others but an idea in your eyes seems good but hard to get others to see it as you see it and this goes for all ideas we may have so we must all keep an open mind to all.

solution??? maybe??

@ skswat & bish????----> can you set a server to run let say 10 - 20 standard races as they are now then after these 10 -20 throw in 1 race @10 laps in a rotation or Continuous loop on a 24 hour server???? this could be a solution if can be done????

Admins on server:

would have to cancel restart vote with !cv to prevent the restart problem and cancel restart till all are ready because - the need to change fuel loads tyres ect for the race or extend count down timer if needed

it would be trial and error but im sure who ever is involved (EXE) will work it out lol!

The Goat
Back to top Go down
skswat
Server Supad/Forum Admin
Server Supad/Forum Admin
skswat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 1:55 pm

FSP_70GTO wrote:

@ skswat & bish????----> can you set a server to run let say 10 - 20 standard races as they are now then after these 10 -20 throw in 1 race @10 laps in a rotation or Continuous loop on a 24 hour server???? this could be a solution if can be done????
Dont know if its possible, maybe yes... I would need ask EQ Worry about that. There would be also needed some WARNING before 10 laps race because if you race 3 laps race, you have fuel for 3 laps of course. Then just switch to 10 laps would be useless, because all cars would stop after 3 laps anyway.

Also if there will only once this 10 laps race and if drivers will vote !re after some crash, I am not sure if there would not again continue 3 laps races (or if drivers would not vote on purpose to skip this race).
Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 2852790277

This will need discuss with EQ if airio support this kind of loop.
Back to top Go down
JayVi
JayVi

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 1:57 pm

MrcTomTom wrote:
JayVi...!

just said that it will be cool to make an event with more laps (Blackwood) also....

lol!

lol! and lol!
Back to top Go down
bish
bish

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty2012-05-30, 1:59 pm

MrcTomTom wrote:
JayVi...!

lol!

an event is different than what is being asked here so cant be compared:lol!:

i think that if this was to be tried then the best server to change the cfg on would be fbm server 2 as it would have less impact if racers didnt like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for new SERVER !!!    Idea for new SERVER !!!   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for new SERVER !!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next